Introduce yourself

More
13 years 3 months ago #36023 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Then I must change my deodorant...
More
13 years 1 month ago #36608 by ligiahag7902
Replied by ligiahag7902 on topic Re: Introduce yourself
What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
More
13 years 1 month ago #36617 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Introduce yourself

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

You did indeed my friend. Welcome to our site. As you spend some time looking around I believe you find this the best, friendliest and most informative Technical site around. We don't have many rules (that I can remember) - but the biggest one for me is - enjoy yourself, and don't be afraid to ask if you don't know :D
More
12 years 10 months ago #37154 by calhoun
Replied by calhoun on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Well here goes, I've never been particuarily brilliant at writing introductions so go easy on me :)

I'm John.

I have been doing computing at university and have finally got my first real job in IT!

I am heading up the Tech department at Textmimedia ( www.textmimedia.com ) this has got me into the direction of doing a CCNA to start with - got our own data center for hosting that I look after so I figured it would be good to get the qualifications and indepth knowlege of Cisco so I can be great at making changes and have performance very quickly setup without having to spend a week working out what to do :-)

In my spare time (haha whats that!) I write a political/IT blog, www.whitebunnywabbit.com at present focusing more on the political front but trying to get more into a political-it style of bloging.

I enjoy photography, web development, networking, science fiction (got all of Star Trek + Babylon 5 on DVDs ! I am also part time studying towards a Law degree which will be my third degree - scary.

So if your interested in chatting more or looking for something from me feel free to give me a chat and mention here so I know who you are. Well, I'm going to go have a read on the rest of the posts now :)

www.bytesconsulting.co.uk/ - Web Developement in Manchester
More
12 years 9 months ago #37179 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Welcome John
There are a few of us in Manchester; where abouts are you?
More
12 years 7 months ago #37362 by Zedalphus
Replied by Zedalphus on topic Hi
Hello, Just thought I should say hi In the hope of avoiding the site migration cull.

Im 41 and studying for the CCNA exam so as to give myself some more employment options as my current job as 'Chief Electrician / Head of Lighting' on a theatre show is not giving me any evenings with my kids who are both now in full time education.
I have set up and now admin the work network, mainly for the distribution of internet access for 130+ devices, and give basic IT support to all the cast and technical staff.
I have already learned a great deal from this site, enough to know how much more there is to learn, and a friend has offered to lend me an old cisco isdn router so I can practice with ios, but I hope the labs here reopen so I can take advantage of the tutorials.

Please take it easy on me when I ask noobish questions.

Thanks for your time and see you around :)
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds