Skip to main content

Forum Ranks

More
18 years 7 months ago #9956 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Forum Ranks
FallenZer0,

Let's not start all over again ...

Btw, are you related to Rockape in any way ? You guys do look the same you know :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #10146 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Hmmm...

New Member --> Occassional Member
Occaisonal Member --> Frequent Member
Frequent Member --> Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member --> Passionate Member??
Passionate Member --> Obsessed Member?? :P

I'm just guessing on the last two. I like how you do the ranks on how often you post, it makes the most sense and wouldn't make new members angry. I think a funny idea, going on ranks based on Cisco, is to start new members as a Linksys device, and progress on up to the monster CRS-1.

There are two ranks Major and General. Now, rank Major is considered lower rank then General rank. But in decese Major illness is more severe then general illness.

Here's another mind bender when it comes to that. In the U.S., the Major is lower than a General, and a Lieutenant is lower than a Major. However, a Lieutenant General is higher than a Major General. What's the sense of that?

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 7 months ago #10149 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Ranks
Congratulations on getting the ranks up and running.
Perhaps to clear things up for everybody it would be useful to drop a post/article explaining how the ranks work and what the criteria are for the levels. Visitors and new members might particularly find this useful. Oh, and I'm curious - does the little 'bar' just graphically indicate the rank, or does it move on its own to indicate the number of posts or some other quantity?
More
18 years 7 months ago #10163 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Yippee, The ranks are up and running. However, I have to say, I'm disappointed. I thought I would get the rank of Tea Boy, or Trainee Tea Boy. Oh well, never mind.

Like the Bishop said, does the little indicator bar change with every post you enter?
More
18 years 7 months ago #10171 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Yeah as i always say this site has all the goodies )

What i think about the blue bar above the rank is that it remains constant for a specific number of posts, something like a threshold value & once that threshold value for the number of posts is passed you moved on to the next higher rank & the corresponding blue bar increases across towards the right to indicate the increased number of posts.

But yes i also would be looking forward to a post from "Chris" on this.

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 7 months ago #10203 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Forum Ranks
We should have posted the ranks, but somehow we 'forgot' to do so :)

Here are the ranks we've decided to use:

Rank
Minimum Posts
Occasional Member
Frequent Member
Enthusiastic Member
Addicted Member
Valued Member
Devoted Member
Loyal Member

I must add that jwj's idea of using Cisco router models is excellent! I really liked it and we might actually consider it in the near future and change you all into Cisco router models :) !!!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds