Skip to main content

Forum Ranks

More
18 years 7 months ago #9824 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Forum Ranks
jwj,

The main forum ranks will be based on the number of posts as you've correctly explained. However, due to the fact we have a few members that clearly are trying to help out the community by answering, in a most helpful manner, to our members questions, there will be a few 'additional' special ranks rewarding them for their work.

In addition to these ranks, we are considering giving special privileges to a few users to help moderate the forums within our given guidelines. These people will be something between a special user and forum moderator of this site - or if you'd like, 'superusers'.

Of course, the selection of our 'superusers' will not only be the number of posts, but their general behavior, matureness, how long they've been members of this community and a few other things we would like to keep secret :)

If there are any other questions, we would be more than happy to answer.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #9826 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Actually, I just wanted to see what you were going to name the ranks.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 7 months ago #9829 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Forum Ranks
:shock: IS A PIC ALLOWED IN THE SIGGY PART :shock:

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 7 months ago #9863 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Picture
Wow jwj, is that you being eaten by the dog?
More
18 years 7 months ago #9867 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Shout Box
Will the forum ranks be linked to permission to post into the Shoutbox? This would eliminate some of the idiots we've seen in recent months.
How come the shoutbox is now just on the front page? I'm not complaining if that's where it needs to be, just asking. I found it handy on the forum index page because I could see which forums had new posts and keep an eye on the shouters at the same time
More
18 years 7 months ago #9870 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Respected moderators,

I had not seen shout box in my window where it had gone ?

I was not able to visit the site from last 15 days and so many
changes are there ?

For the ranks system i would like to congretulate the site managment for contineously (I GUESS THAT'S WRONG SPELLED!!) striving for giving it's users like one myself something new.

One suggestion, that please don't give away militry style rankings to members (ONLY IF IT'S POSSIBLE).

And keep on good work.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds