Skip to main content

Forum Ranks

More
18 years 7 months ago #9906 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Forum Ranks

Rockape,

Funny enough I just finished watching a star trek voyager episode - I simply love that series!

Dalight your suggestion is a very good one, I can see the ranks starting from simply hubs, to a managed hub, switch, managed switch, layer 3 switch and finally a router :) Quite funny aren't they?

We do want to keep our professional touch, so no matter how good they might seem, I can't see the technical editors accepting such ranks :cry:

What about a gateway :lol:

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 7 months ago #9908 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Forum Ranks
hehe I'd never realized how much people and routers have in common.. They can both be smart/stupid, fast/slow, insecure, difficult or easy to understand, have different priorities in life, there are some things that they will just discard immediately, if they are overloaded they will collapse and they tend to form multiple short-lived relationships..

Thus I guess if someone calls you "cheap router" it can be regarded as a major offence implying much, while saying something like "you look like cisco" to a girl would be a real compliment! :lol:
More
18 years 7 months ago #9913 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Forum Ranks

"you look like cisco" to a girl would be a real compliment! :lol:

Good one there "nske" :lol:

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 7 months ago #9920 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Forum Ranks
LOL, this is turning out to be a pretty funny thread.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
18 years 7 months ago #9922 by FallenZer0
Replied by FallenZer0 on topic Re: Forum Ranks
I've to completely disagree with the idea of ranks. It is NOT a definite measure of how well-informed a guy/girl is in a subject. I think if you hang around long enough you would definitely know who are good at what.

My 2 Cents.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
18 years 7 months ago #9923 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Dalight

I don't know what you mean about pressure ref Startrek Star Wars.

If Chris thinks Voyager is a great series, then there should be no need for us to push too hard. A gentle nudge in the right starship direction, and we are away.

Or failing that, I'm still prepared to start with the Rank, "trainee Tea Boy" and work up from there!!

Cheers
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds