Skip to main content

Forum Ranks

More
18 years 7 months ago #9927 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Just commenting on the militry ranks, [code:1] There are two ranks Major and General. Now, rank Major is considered lower rank then General rank. But in decese Major illness is more severe then general illness.[/code:1]

That's one thing that made me laugh about militry ranks.

:lol: :lol:

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 7 months ago #9928 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Cisco Ranks
The idea of using ranks based on Cisco kit is intriguing. I guess I'd get ranked as an RJ45 plug, but then again because of my age maybe I'd get to be a 50-ohm terminator!
More
18 years 7 months ago #9930 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Forum Ranks

I've to completely disagree with the idea of ranks. It is NOT a definite measure of how well-informed a guy/girl is in a subject. I think if you hang around long enough you would definitely know who are good at what.

No one said otherwise -besides it would be hypocritical and pointless to try and distribute ranks based on this. If you read the topic from the beggining or Chris' announcement at the main page, it is perfectly clear that the ranks will mirror the contributions to the firewall.cx community, which is what matters in the end.. Who cares whether someone is a linux kernel core-developer, if he is a passive member or has an attitude problem? ;)
More
18 years 7 months ago #9932 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Forum Ranks

Dalight

I don't know what you mean about pressure ref Startrek Star Wars.

If Chris thinks Voyager is a great series, then there should be no need for us to push too hard. A gentle nudge in the right starship direction, and we are away.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
More
18 years 7 months ago #9937 by FallenZer0
Replied by FallenZer0 on topic Re: Forum Ranks

I've to completely disagree with the idea of ranks. It is NOT a definite measure of how well-informed a guy/girl is in a subject. I think if you hang around long enough you would definitely know who are good at what.

If you read the topic from the beggining or Chris' announcement at the main page, it is perfectly clear that the ranks will mirror the contributions to the firewall.cx community, which is what matters in the end.. Who cares whether someone is a linux kernel core-developer, if he is a passive member or has an attitude problem? ;)

--Now it is definitely hypocritical on your part nske to make an assumption that I did not read the topic from the beginning.

May be you don't care what people know or what people are trying to accomplish. That definitely is an *Attitude* problem of *Yours*.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
18 years 7 months ago #9939 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Sorry, I don't get you and I'm not even sure it's worth to try. If you are trying to start a flamewar you' ve failed because I'm not going to play along. You are kindly requested to avoid personal attacks of this kind in the future without a good reason (which I most certainly didn't give you).

End of parenthesis.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds