Skip to main content

Forum Ranks

More
18 years 7 months ago #9890 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Forum Ranks
The changes you have been seeing is a result of the new features we are planning on publishing soon.

More specifically, our shout-box has been sent to the right hand side because its place will be taking a new module that will present to our community the companies that have been helping this site, and the Cisco lab become a reality.

Thanks to their contributions, we've been able to keep the lab's development going on strong, and this must be recognised!

Coming to the ranks, well I assure you Ping they won't be military style ranks and should be active very soon.

Closing, we've already announced this on other threads, but we can do it once more - certain members will be given special privileges on this site's forums in recognition of their help and efforts.

As you might have figured, we tend to award such efforts simply because we understand the time and effort they require!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #9896 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Hey,

There is nothing wrong with Military Ranks (Sorry, I'm an ex military man myself).

As a Sci-fi fan, of coure I could suggest that we use Startrek Ranks (oh dear!! they are military as well). :shock:

Never mind, I'll take whatever rank designation I'm given. Something like trainee tea boy etc :lol:

Keep up the good work guys.
More
18 years 7 months ago #9898 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Forum Ranks
jwj

Hey guy, don't run from the dog the next time and he wont try and eat you.

I know from experience having worked with military dogs, that they will chase you whilst you are moving. But, as soon as you stop, they (usually) stop and watch you until their handler arrives, (usually out of breath).
More
18 years 7 months ago #9899 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Oh no!! Not Star Wars-related ranks. Expect more pressure from Rockape and TheBishop which should be resisted.

How about using CISCO equipment router/switch model numbers ranked by features/capability.

You could do a sponsorship tie-in deal as well.
More
18 years 7 months ago #9904 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Rockape,

Funny enough I just finished watching a star trek voyager episode - I simply love that series!

Dalight your suggestion is a very good one, I can see the ranks starting from simply hubs, to a managed hub, switch, managed switch, layer 3 switch and finally a router :) Quite funny aren't they?

We do want to keep our professional touch, so no matter how good they might seem, I can't see the technical editors accepting such ranks :cry:

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #9905 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Forum Ranks
Very diplomatic Chris. :) Have you got a second job as a politician?
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds