Skip to main content

Packet Generator

More
18 years 1 month ago #13597 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Packet Generator
Arani,

My congratulations on your project! I've been following the thread and its great news to finally hear you've made it.

I really hope your demonstration goes a lot better than you expect!

Good luck and please do keep us informed on the progress. Since your project is also related to our site, we can also provide you a section if you wish to share the project and knowledge with the rest of the world, assuming we aren't breaking any university rules :)

Cheers mate,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 1 month ago #13604 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic sure can do
hi , chris and DaLight, thanks again...
yes i would love to share my research, provided that stupid university lets me go off the Intellectual Property Rights thingie bob once and for all!!!
and thanks chris for that offer of a seperate section, i am really honoured. as soon i can shared more information i will let you know as well.
for the time being, i am fine tunning the simulation to extract more performance, its coming up with a deadlock sometimes as the router or switch (whatever you'd like to call it) is too fast for the hosts. the simulated hosts cannot keep up with the production of random packets to forward to the router.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 1 month ago #13622 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Working
Well done Arani! Can't wait for further details. Let us know how the demo goes
More
18 years 1 month ago #13707 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic demo
guys. the demo went very well. it started half an hour early, and lasted 2 hours beyond the designated finish time. apart from my project supervisor who knew what was going on, the external examiners were all ful of questions. obvoiusly this was the first time, just one person among all was suggesting a totally new protocol for the entire Internet!!!
it went well. externals were very pleased with my answers towards all of their questions. All of them advised me to carry on my work on the new protocol, and get it published. lets see, for now, its sweet rest after all this rush!!!
thanks for everything guys.

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #13890 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic future
i just came back from a meeting with my supervisor, and he wants me to further the work i have done during my project via a PhD. i know it sounds too much right now, but the discussion has been rather promising. i have been asked to make a presentation in front of some people on the 18 of April, and i will take it from there.

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #13891 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic PhD
Dr Arani I presume?
Go for it if you can, it certainly sounds like a worthy project
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds