Skip to main content

pc technician who's boss won't explain things to him ..

More
20 years 6 months ago #1322 by Raggedy_Hobo
www.angelfire.com/blues2/raggedy_hobo/images/route_table.bmp

i'da copied it here, but, it loses it's settings .. easier to print scrn ..

i dont get it now for real .. i understand 90% of the material pretty well .. but, i dont understand how i can ping from workstation A to the IP address of NIC1 .. but, I can't ping the gateway of NIC1 .. i can ping to NIC1 .. just not through it ..

yesterday, I could only ping to NIC2, just not through it .. once i can ping through NIC1 .. i'll have internet connection for the clients/customers

what am i missing .. i know it's a simply config problem .. i'm simply missing an enable or have an incorrect number typed in somewhere .. i just know that's what it is

In the beginning ...

I wonder, where will this road lead me

I configured and got running my first "real" network ever on October 22, 2003 at 5am THANKS to the wonderful people of www.firewall.cx/index.php
More
20 years 6 months ago #1323 by Raggedy_Hobo
www.angelfire.com/blues2/raggedy_hobo/im.../network_diagram.jpg .. also, that is a typo on the diagram there .. there wireless ethernet bridge's IP was not .114 ...... sorry :(

In the beginning ...

I configured and got running my first "real" network ever on October 22, 2003 at 5am THANKS to the wonderful people of www.firewall.cx/index.php
More
20 years 6 months ago #1324 by Raggedy_Hobo
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip \Parameters

Set the "IPEnableRouter" entry (by defining as value : 1 ) "

i have workstation A pinging 10.168.161.114 (NIC1 IP address) .. I just went back into the registry and set that value to 0 .. it's still pinging ??? That doesn't sound right??

In the beginning ...

More
20 years 6 months ago #1325 by Raggedy_Hobo
I also checked under active directory, users and computers .. NS1 (the domain controller) is a member of RAS and IAS services (which it is suppose to be, correct?)

In the beginning ...

More
20 years 6 months ago #1326 by Raggedy_Hobo
DNS reverse lookup?? do i need to configure something in there?

In the beginning ...

More
20 years 6 months ago #1329 by Raggedy_Hobo
nevermind about DNS reverse lookup .. i'm reaching right now ..

on a side note .. setting NIC2 to act as private in the routing remote access is what enabled me to reach NIC1 ..

i am constantly changing 1 attrib at a time until i can get all the way through from client to internet ..

i understand the routing/subnetting/NAT issues fairly well (at least i think i do) .. i don't know how to set them up using those Wizards that come with W2k ..

i'm also unsure about active directory, though i'm pretty confident i have all permissions setup correctly .. because if i use the public IP's in the DHCP table, i can get 7 machines connected to the internet (but, i can't use the public IP's, i gotta use NAT)

I need a windows 2000 server book .. !! :(

In the beginning ...

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds