Skip to main content

Status Of Cisco Lab

More
19 years 3 months ago #6619 by MezzUp
Replied by MezzUp on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Hi there,

I'm looking forward to testing your Cisco lab(currently never touched a Cisco device in any way, but will try to get some reading done before I test it :)) and I was wondering if there was anything we the users could do to help you guys out and/or speed up the project?

And maybe somebody could write a simple intro to Cisco devices or something?

With much love and thanks for a great site!, MezzUp ;)
More
19 years 3 months ago #6694 by MezzUp
Replied by MezzUp on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab

And maybe somebody could write a simple intro to Cisco devices or something?

Yeah, second myself on that one :)

Anyway, just wanted to throw out the idea(correct term for introducing a new idea?) that you guys could document the installing of the Cisco lab and then make a little article about it? :)
More
19 years 3 months ago #6696 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Mezz...... that's a great idea ......perhaps we might .... but then again, we might be giving away our secrets :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 3 months ago #6778 by cianid3
Replied by cianid3 on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
This is not the first free cisco lab!!!! r1r2.com had cisco labs that were free to login to. You would telnet in, select a lab and then select a router in that lab to configure.
More
19 years 3 months ago #6781 by Wizmatic
Replied by Wizmatic on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
cianid3 what is your stress. We are family here and we work together and comments like these are not welcomed.
More
19 years 3 months ago #6782 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
cianid3.. if I recall correctly r1r2.com didn't have real hardware, it was a simulation (either that or you only got user level access). Plus they started taking bookings for 2 years in advance...

Not to mention have you had a look at the hardware we're giving you to play with ? We're talking VoIP, layer3 switching, the works.

Anyway, if you want to get technical about it, I'm sure there are more free cisco labs... I just never found them, never heard of them, and never used them :)

So we are starting something that *we* think will do justice to the concept of a free lab, and we're doing it because we're passionate about the technology.. so take it for what it is ok ?

I will never cease to be amazed by how some people waste valuable bandwidth posting absolutely redundant posts.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds