Skip to main content

Status Of Cisco Lab

More
19 years 5 months ago #5618 by Chris
Status Of Cisco Lab was created by Chris
Because there have been a lot of people asking about the Cisco Lab, we decided to create an entire new forum, dedicated to the lab, from where we will be able to update you on any news and progress done.

We have decided the lab will include a total of 5 different labs which will be online simultaneously - allowing a maximum of 5 users on the machines.

Each lab will run separately from the rest, meaning users will not be able to interfere with others while working on their labs. Each lab configuration will be reset and lost once the time limit of 3 hours has been reached. Later on, we plan to introduce a feature where a 'save' option will be available.

At this point of time, we are working on the automatic scheduler module from where all bookings, rescheduling and cancellations will be made. This is perhaps one of the most difficult sections because it will be integrated with the site so our members will not be required to re-register in order to access the lab.

The complicated booking system has been undertaken by our new team member, George Thaniotis, who is now our official site coder. There will also be a news post on George and you will see him in our 'Meet the team' page within the next few days.

We'll be keeping you posted!!!!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 5 months ago #5647 by gordonccie
Replied by gordonccie on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Hi, this would be an awesome idear from you and your team!
Love to check and try it out once it's available

Gordon

CCNP, CCSP, ITIL, LPIC 1, 350-001 & 250-018
More
19 years 4 months ago #5874 by cybersorcerer
May I ask how you are going to provide a remote interface to the consoles of these routers? Id love to be clued in not as in what the functions we will be able to access, but how you are going to pull off such a feat, considering I havent seen a website provide access to real life routers, just mediocre simulations, let alone for free! Quite an aspiration, I can't wait to see the results. Good luck.

"He who breaks something to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf the Grey
More
19 years 4 months ago #5878 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
It will not be a remote interface.. it will be a telnet / ssh connection..
You will have access to all the settings, the full configuration.. so that you can actually configure things rather than just login and type ? and ping.

The goal is to make it useful.

And yes, you haven't seen another website offering this for free.. we are the first.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 4 months ago #5911 by The_Berzerker
Morning all,
I read about cisco IOS 12.3 and its web interface configuration, do you think we could have a lab to test and view this kind of configuration???
By the way keep up the good work.......
You make us proud to be in this community :D :D :D
More
19 years 4 months ago #5920 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Hi Berzerker, yep the IOS will most likely be a 12.x series on most of the equipment, as far as the web interface goes, we've not really given much thought to that as most configuration happens at the command line, but its a good idea nonetheless. Lets see if it can be worked out in some way.

Actually the web interface is exactly like the command line, you just click on the commands rather than type them in.. if you like I'll throw in some screenshots.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds