Skip to main content

Status Of Cisco Lab

More
19 years 3 months ago #6800 by MezzUp
Replied by MezzUp on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
So the money is coming out of Chris' pocket?

Then let me say that I don't think anybody would blame you if you wanted to put up a little banner or something. You guys deserve something(other than our admiration ;)) for you hard work, just no blinking banners please :)
More
19 years 3 months ago #6807 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Also, regardless of whether there is currently a need for it, I believe many members here including myself would be willing to donate money or equipment. I think that would be a good option to exist, at least after the technical details of the cisco lab become settled and it is time for the equipment to be purchased. ;)
More
19 years 3 months ago #6816 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
'If a person or group is driven by a desire to achieve a goal, then they will go to all extents to make this possible'

All equipment, including the upcoming ADSL connection for the lab has been purchased by the Firewall.cx team.

This is proof of our dedication to create something that no man has done before ... oh .. ops ... that's star trek - got confused there for a tick :>

In all honestly, we've all pitched in to save some money and get the lab up and running.

If we were to create a lab or two and leave it to that, then we would most probably not require much more money to complete that goal. But this is not the case.

Since we are planning for at least 4 labs upfront, this means we need to look at alternative methods of gathering the required resources.

NSKE's suggestion is not a bad one. We could consider opening a donation account, after the lab is online, to help gather more money that will fund the lab's new equipment and allow us to expose you to greater technologies.

This site has never required nor requested money from its members, and it never will. As Sahir so correctly pointed out - we have had offers to sell the site, along with its content, domain name and everything else here, and believe me, the price was surprisingly good, but we've decided to 'take the road less travelled... and make the difference'.

We are not interested in making money.

We want to share our knowledge and help everyone out there regardless of their knowledge level, wealth, race or religion.

Thanks for the suggestion nske.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 3 months ago #6858 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
I'm actually really glad nske came up with this. I remember Chris n myself throwing the idea of a donation button around months ago, but we decided against it at that time.

However I personally like nske's idea, especially since there is no 'paid service' and there is no obligation to contribute, its purely a 'Hey I feel these guys helped me out, this is my way of saying thanks' thing.

I've been to alot of sites with very useful material or interesting programs, and I've made a small contribution to their cause, more as a show of solidarity than anything else.. you always get a mail back telling you how they appreciate it and how it all helps with the server costs etc.

Interestingly enough, since we are discussing the 'selling the site' topic, all the big-wigs who wanted to make Chris a millionaire overnight wanted the site for the wrong reasons, they didn't realise that its our material that makes us unique.. its through innovation alone that you can remain relevant to your readers.

In short, they don't get it.
We do... and we know you members do to.

Thus the f.cx team's dreams of multimillion dollar yatches and vacations on the Riviera will remain on hold for the time being, or till we help Bill Gates pass his CCNA and he clicks the little donate button

(In which case nske will be entitled to a fair cut).

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 3 months ago #6898 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic I commend...
I commend the f.cx team on what they are doing. A site, community, a team that looks towards the power of knowledge not making money. Thats HUGE right there and I am proud to be part of this community.

Here at Christie Digital Systems in Ca. the guys in the Network Operation Center (NOC) use f.cx alot for reference and further knowledge. We are looking forward to the Cisco lab.

I was shown f.cx here at Christie Digital Systems. Talk about being at the right place at the right time :D

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
19 years 2 months ago #7092 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
I would love to donate to help the cisco lab fund.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds