Skip to main content

Status Of Cisco Lab

More
19 years 4 months ago #6155 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Just a small update on the Cisco lab.

George, our lab's programmer, is currently working on the online booking system to allow users to book their desired date and time, while Sahir and myself are developing the subsystem and services to automate and control the lab.

We have selected to use a Radius server for the purpose of authentication and accounting. This will allow us to keep track on how many times a user has used the labs but also ensure he/she is only able to access them according to the booking created.

The goal is to provide 4 Cisco labs for now, and extend them as our resources permit us. The diagrams of these labs have been prepared and also submitted to Cisco Hellas for their review and hopefully support (yes - Cisco has been informed about our desire to help the world learn and experience their awesome products!), and we'll be posting them on this thread for your review very soon.

Closing, be sure we will keep you all posted as we progress with our lab.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 4 months ago #6159 by guerilla7
Replied by guerilla7 on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
can't wait!

:D

thanks for the update chris!

"I see dead packets"
More
19 years 4 months ago #6165 by Wizmatic
Replied by Wizmatic on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
This is so tremendous.. Getting cisco involve will be so nice. Keep up the good work guys. I am about to go for the CCNA in 2 weeks. Lots of studing now..
More
19 years 4 months ago #6200 by lvlikk
Replied by lvlikk on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
hi Chris, i think we need ur help on CISCO LAB...thx 4 all

studying for 640-801...i was try the exam 1 times so...
More
19 years 4 months ago #6237 by al2004
:D , Hi Chris and team,

I am glad to be part of this community, am looking forward to use the Lab, also I am wondering if it would be able for me to train for my CCNA exercises? Please let me know

thanks and keep the good work up.

al
More
19 years 4 months ago #6258 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Status Of Cisco Lab
Al,

While the Cisco lab will contain specific tutorials, it is not a requirement that the user follows them. This means that if you want to try something specific that's not part of the lab - you can do so! For this reason, we have decided not to restrict the lab to 'standard' configurations like other labs (which you pay to use) do so.

Of course, we are taking every precaution to ensure noone 'accidentally' wipes the router's or switch's flash and renders it useless for the next person - we'll also require your help here to make sure everyone gets the best out of what it has to offer.

We will be starting with one or two labs for beta testing and then extend them as required. The big plan is to host at least 8 different labs, making it the biggest Cisco training lab in the world - Free of charge!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds