Skip to main content

Spam related posts

More
17 years 6 months ago #17481 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Spam related posts

ok as nske said i will no longer post asking to remove it

I said this just so that nobody posts something that he wouldn't like to see removed. No harm is done with posting remove-it notices, however they probably won't help either since when any person with common judgement has opened such a thread he already knows it before he reads any replies. ;)

Mention has been made about having different scrolling sections of the home page etc. But, may I make a suggestion. I use a wonderful web browser called crazy browser (that I found on this site years ago). One of the great things about this browser is that you can have lots of different screens and browser sessions open at the same time, without causing mischief to your PC. Now, would it be possible to use the "tab" idea from that and seperate the different areas of the website? That way you can go directly to the area you want via the tabs.

In addition. I would suggest that the ability to remove "unwanted" spam posts may be given, not only to the moderators, but to "trusted" members of the site. This would allow these annoying posts to be removed quickly, and take alot of the "stress" away from the site moderators and allow them to continue the wonderful work they are doing on this wonderful (and free) site.

Rockape you have a point, I agree that some veteran members have proven their good judgement and if they could also guarantee to look out for the security of their account they could certainly be trusted with that. However it should also be taken into consideration that the more accounts with such rights, the larger the possibility that an account is compromised (with very bad consequences). Any member entrusted with potentially dangerous privileges should have a strict perception of security (no common passwords in multiple places, no logging in from insecure locations, etc). Like any idea regarding the site's structure, I think this should be discussed among the team, consider posting it at the 'Team's Lounge' and/or CC it through mail to everyone, since over here it won't be noticed by many of the team-members. Same applies to your other idea about a tab-like menu (sounds good, but I don't know how well it could work without some heavy changes to the script).

cheers
More
17 years 6 months ago #17482 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Spam related posts

Any member entrusted with potentially dangerous privileges should have a strict perception of security (no common passwords in multiple places, no logging in from insecure locations, etc). Like any idea regarding the site's structure

If i can help in any way shape or form then just ask, always happy to do what i can :)

I think this should be discussed among the team, consider posting it at the 'Team's Lounge' and/or CC it through mail to everyone, since over here it won't be noticed by many of the team-members.

Whats that then ? :?

Take it easy

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 6 months ago #17484 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Spam related posts
Oh, sorry if that sounded confusing, I believe Rockape knows what I'm talking about. Please check your PM :)
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds