Skip to main content

Spam related posts

More
18 years 1 month ago #13311 by DaLight
Spam related posts was created by DaLight
Just wondered if any of the moderators have noticed the numerous spam-related posts littering this forum. Are they exploiting some kind of security hole?
More
18 years 1 month ago #13314 by The_Berzerker
Just noticed it too. And the account used is a guest account, how is this possible?
Huston I think we have a problem!
More
18 years 1 month ago #13321 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Spam related posts
Looks like guests can post in the Website Problems section. Interesting info, the spam from yesterday and today (probably) both came from the same person. The WHOIS contacts for the domains linked from yesterday and today are the same.

pluskitchen.com and mapdes.com were the domains, if a mod wants to look into this.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 1 month ago #13322 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Spam related posts
Is it the case that guests can post to the "Website Problems" forum? I just thought they'd managed to exploit a bug or something. I must turn off my paranoid switch!!
More
18 years 1 month ago #13323 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Spam related posts
Yes in this forum anonymous posting is allowed to ease the proccess of reporting website problems. I guess it's time for this to change since the incidents are so frequent in the last days. I've sent a PM to Chris in case he hasn't noticed the problem.

The IP addresses seem to be from various Asian networks, probably proxies -that are no longer active. We'll notify the administrative contacts of the involved IP segments and DNS zones.

Thanks a lot guys, pitty some people throw away their time like this.
More
18 years 1 month ago #13324 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Spam related posts
Unfortunately we do get these incidents every now and then. As noted by nske, the reason we've allowed anonymous posting in this section is to help our community post their problems without requiring to sign up with the site.

While we make every effort to ensure the forums and site stays spam-free, they sometimes still manage to reach the forums, but thanks to our members, they don't get to stay there for long :)

We would like to kindly request our community to keep their eyes open for such spamers, and notify us as soon as possible so we can kick them off the site :) !

Thanks again people,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds