Skip to main content

error code: ftp folder error......

More
14 years 10 months ago #30726 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic zippy u are going......
Zippy u are loosing balance. i have personally told u the kind of network am running in some pm i sent to u some time back...
no load balancing of any sought

KillaBeE ftp internally is working fine if u check my last post b4 S0lo replied.
I have ports 5500 - 5520, 1023 - 1024, 21, 20, 8172 (remote connection)

S0lo the ftp server host files and etc. so people access ftp://192.168.0.112:21 if they need a document, software, or anti virus updates, firmwares, etc. so instead of going online i do the necessary downloads and place them there then peeps at the nearby office logon to download. and also to upload certain files the boss needs...

I also use it to send memos. If there is a memo to be distributed i don't waste my time doing paper on desk. I type it then place it on the ftp (inetpub>ftproot) so the next morning workers logon with diff user name and restrictions then download the memo for that day....

and still building it....?

i uploaded 437mb yesterday then some 178mb (A.content) well may be each day the spirit permits me higher upload..

connection closed by remote host?????? what ab out this issue.

Thanks all ya..

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 10 months ago #30729 by S0lo
talk2sp,

Try to a upload a file that is just below the 4GB limit, say 3.7GB. Then try to upload one that is just above the limit, say 4.3GB. If it allows the first and does NOT allow the second, then this assures that the problem is the 4GB limit we talked about. Unfortunately, the only thing you could do in this case is probably update Windows/IIS for the latest and pray for the best.

Otherwise if both files are not allowed, then then this is probably a totally different issue. It's more like "Some times YES, some times NO". I'd recommend trying to increase the maximum number of concurrent connections and see what happens. This article might help:

blogs.msdn.com/saurabh_singh/archive/200...ee-server-reset.aspx

The link above is also related to the "Connection closed by remote host" issue. As more people open ftp connections and don't close them, you might reach the limit and IIS would close your connection.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 10 months ago #30732 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic wow.....
S0lo thanks so much. Do u know i increased the number of concurrent connections to unlimited.

The Connection closed by remote host shows up only at command window.

Ok while i type something just happened...

I wanted to backup my flash pen which just has all contents approx 65mb. i then tried uploading via ftp and it refused. that same old trouble, and am like well You F******G ftp server uploaded 217mb why 65mb is null. so i compressed with winrar 2009 and after compressing well no much difference (diff = 5mb). i then uploaded the compressed file and straight it went in.

checking out ur links....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 10 months ago #30733 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic nice one S0l0
S0lo so much thanks for the links u sent in. I am checking it through. Do u know why i feel i will have a +ve response now?

You know over time anything that has to do with editing windows registry makes my heart very happy. What i don't forget is Admin Auto logon. Thats what i did for the win server 2008.

It logs it self in every morning and then i sit down in my office blocks away and do some telneting or RDP and i am in... make updates.... etc...

thanks man.. let me get into my registry...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 10 months ago #30734 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: wow.....
no probs talk2sp :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, before compressing with WinRAR, Your flash file(s) was having a folder structure with many files and sub-folders, Not a single file. And you tried to upload the whole folder structure. Am I right?

Well to transfer a folder structure, FTP will have to recursively create folders on the server, So the user has to have permission to create folders. I'm sure you've checked this but I'm telling just in case. Try this, create a single folder with a single small text file inside it. Then try to upload this folder. If it doesn't work, then this might indicate that the problem is indeed the permissions of folder creation.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 10 months ago #30737 by ZiPPy
Once again ...what kind of network are you running? Can you explain the topology? The pipe size? ect... This will give a better understanding of what we are dealing with.

Zippy u are loosing balance. i have personally told u the kind of network am running in some pm i sent to u some time back...

You told me some time back??? Key words here "some time back". I'm not asking you about the topology and pipes for fun or to create posts, I'm asking you so we can ALL have a better understanding of your network and system infrastructure. My question is not directly for me, but for ALL the users on the forum.

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds