Skip to main content

error code: ftp folder error......

More
14 years 10 months ago #30603 by talk2sp
since my people did not answer my other post may be they will answer this:

this is the error code i get when i am trying to upload a file to the ftp server:

FTP Folder Error

[the stop sign X] An error occured copying a file to the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server.

Details:
200 Type set to I
227 Entering Passive Mode (192.168.1.106, 194 17)
550 Diversion Channel. docx Access is denied.

i'm able to browse the directory contents and even get a file from the browser. but i can't upload in windows explorer even after i logon and my account has full access.

Please who has faced this problem? i need ur advice.

And should i install AD, cos i was reading something like when sending a file to ftp server it has to be less than like 20mb (i am not sure) and it has to be splited with win rar.

please suggest to me.

May be i will just install AD then the ftp will be for little files and to download updates.[/b]

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 10 months ago #30638 by big_g
Try uploading a smaller file to check your size theory.
More
14 years 10 months ago #30677 by talk2sp
hey big... u did not read my post well cos if u did u wont ask wat i said again...

dont feel bad that am snapping @ u. well i am looking for answers and surprisingly no one has been able to give me tangible answers. i am not happy at all i thought this site was......

'well if i had to sum up an assumption, i feel in general good g33ks and professionals dont like windows for anything.. they might just pretend they do but they dont..."

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 10 months ago #30680 by ZiPPy
talk2sp,

First of all, big_g has been the only one to post a response to try and help you. He is merely trying to point you in a direction, which in my opinion is better than nothing.
Secondly, you have to remember this is more so a networking site than a systems and operating systems site. You can't state that your not happy with the site because your not getting answers for an off topic. Granted, we have all posted various topics on the site and have gotten answers. But keep in mind the above, as well as the fact that your dealing with Windows Server 2008. Server 2008 has been out now for awhile, but it still hasn't been adapted heavily to the enterprise. Windows Server 2003 still hasn't finished doing its time. :)
Third, Windows is indeed a great operating system. I highly doubt the reason your not getting answers is because people don't like Windows. I mean you have to figure, more than 80% of users using this forum are more than likely running Windows (but don't quote me on that). People constantly blame Windows for its faults, but when was the last time we saw people crediting Windows for its benefits. If you think about how complex it is to code, manage, and update an operating system people would probably be a little lighter on the trigger before tearing them down.

As for your issue, I'd recommend checking out some other Windows type forums. Have you checked out any of the Microsoft articles online? Have you picked up any of the latest Server 2008 books from Microsoft Press?

Have you checked permissions? I would make sure your NTFS file permissions for Administrator allow 'write'. Supposedly, there is also a virtual FTP folder that allows for 'write' permissions. Make sure that it's checked. That's the best I could give you, because this is probably a permissions issue somewhere.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 10 months ago #30690 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic i have done all soughts....
zippy i have done everything possible. checked through group policy, re added a snap in. well may be i just get a book and read.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 10 months ago #30693 by timparker
Depending on what FTP server you are using, I don't remember seeing that. You might have to assign permissions on the physical directory, the share if its shared on your windows network and then also in the FTP program.

We use FileZilla and I seem to remember having a problem with permissions and it was due to now allowing write privledges for the user account in FileZilla.

Just a thought.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds