Skip to main content

vista or xp!!

More
16 years 5 months ago #23884 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: vista or xp!!

I noticed something -- initially, a lot of people criticized XP's performance, security, stability, etc because XP still had roots to Win9x. The people hoped and believed that to truely achieve a better Windows OS, a rebuild was necessary. The people got what they asked for -- Vista was pretty much the rebuild, but now the people complain of Vista's changes, performance, etc.

hmmm, I thought that XP was an upgrade of Win2k which is an upgrade of WinNT :!: The Win9x series stopped with WinME as far as I know.

What ever....

My ideas of what changes/add-ons are needed to make a "better" OS is different than Microsoft's ideas

Same for me I guess. If Microsoft leaves most of the services in XP unchanged. But try to make Windows start a few seconds faster, say like 3 or 4 seconds, instead of the 15 to 20 seconds we wait for. If only IE starts in 1 second. If Word starts in 2 seconds. I'd clap my hands for them.

Ya, I know this all depends on your specs, But shouldn't PCs get faster as the specs get better. It doesn't seam happening, The more newer hardware you get, The more newer software slows it down. :(

I hope some one disagrees here :!:

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 5 months ago #23885 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: vista or xp!!
lol, very true it does seem that the faster machines get the more slower the software gets. I think its just that users demand more out of the software which makes it larger.......or as someone point out, the developers think we are demanding these features.

Its like when Office 97 came out with the assistant. How much processing did that thing take, although a lot of people did like it albeit gimmiky.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23887 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: vista or xp!!

hmmm, I thought that XP was an upgrade of Win2k which is an upgrade of WinNT :!: The Win9x series stopped with WinME as far as I know.

I have seen articles and conversations in forums that XP contained code from the 9x systems, so I was mostly referencing those as my sources.....I'm way to fuzzy on my knowledge of the two systems' architecture to be my own backup.

Ya, I know this all depends on your specs, But shouldn't PCs get faster as the specs get better. It doesn't seam happening, The more newer hardware you get, The more newer software slows it down. :(

LOL, and to make it better, when you purchase a new computer, it'll also come loaded with the manufacture's add-on software to "improve" the overall package -- i.e: 60 day trial of this, 90 day trail of that, along with some other irrelevent pieces of software.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23899 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: vista or xp!!
I think we should just all revert back to pen and paper.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23924 by rickardo
Replied by rickardo on topic Re: vista or xp!!
thanks for those comments :)
More
16 years 5 months ago #23934 by pinto
Replied by pinto on topic Re: vista or xp!!
Vista was released only a few months back and your printer may have been in the market even before vista was released..
There is one problem with it may have installed the drivers for printer by itself you could have just uninstalled it or up dated the drivers...
Instead of reinstalling it..again and again
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds