Skip to main content

vista or xp!!

More
16 years 5 months ago #23957 by rickardo
Replied by rickardo on topic Re: vista or xp!!
sorry Pinto...dont quite understand what you're saying.......when the printer wouldn't install I went to the site and downloaded the vista drivers for my printer..it was after that I beat the wife :lol:
More
16 years 4 months ago #24252 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: vista or xp!!
I'm curious to see what we have in store for the XP face lift with service pack 3. Supposedly, this face lift will make XP look a little more fancy, but more importantly add security features and some add-ons. The specifics of service pack 3 are still somewhat vague.

Windows Service Pack Road Map
www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
16 years 4 months ago #24272 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: vista or xp!!
I've worked with Vista and XP for a while side by side. I've come to the conslusion that Vista isn't worth the upgrade.

Are there improvements? Yes. Are there new features? Yes. Is it prettier? Yes. Is it a technical advancement.. Yes...

All yes. But not enough to make me want to switch right now. I can't see me switching until SP2 or later. Just not enought "meat" for the cost and "work" associated with the upgrade.
More
16 years 4 months ago #24273 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: vista or xp!!
Now i am running Vista on my machines but thats because they came pre-installed with it. Your comments are very valid, I don't think that its worth paying to upgrade either. Windows XP does everything required........for now :)

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 4 months ago #24278 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: vista or xp!!

Windows XP does everything required........for now :)

Hinting at Microsoft dropping new XP stuff to force upgrades to Vista???

I seem to recall them trying that with Windows ME..and we all remember how much "fun" that was.
More
16 years 4 months ago #24289 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: vista or xp!!
I currently run Vista and am very happy with it, but I would not dare to roll it out in my company for a loooong time. It's going to be interesting to see how the expected Service Packs for XP and Vista do.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds