always Face your Fears...
More
17 years 8 months ago #15929 by Rockape
Arani,

Hey, so my gobbledegook made sense to at least one other person then :D
More
17 years 8 months ago #15932 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic sense
mate trust me, your gobbledegook always makes sense to me, irrespective of the rest of the planet :wink:

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 8 months ago #15936 by Rockape
More
17 years 8 months ago #15996 by cisman
hi alan & every1, as you have got some really good answers, i would like to share some of my views.

firstly when you go through the setup for the firsttime you will be prompted for computer name... , adminstator and password thats systems builtin for administering computer & domain. you are expected to give a administrator and password

when you install windows or you are expected to enter the administrator password or when you log in next time you are required to enter passwd, but by default its empty(its all admins group, the default admin(owner) and admin we create(admin nd debug users group ).

you must have one admin thats manditory but you can delete or create admins according to your requirements.

arani said

now if you have forgotten the password for the administrator account, then its tough luck!!! post a message in this forum and we will sort you out

arani can you tell me how ?

thanx cisman
More
17 years 8 months ago #15997 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic windows xp administrator
hi,
if i have not said this before, the method which you want me to tell you is useful only when the situation is crucial. i am a bit hesitant on disclosing something which might be used for other purposes rather than recovering xp machines for user profiles issues, where user has lost all passwords. you do realize that this enables people to change the administrator password even if they are not administrators themselves.
let me know if this is crucial for you and i will post the solution right here. it's a very simple method, but it can affect system integrity. i am not against sharing knowledge, but apprehensive how it might be used.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds