Skip to main content

linux ....linux ...linux

More
19 years 11 months ago #4000 by MaXiMuS
hey chris,
i have an idea ....eh eh eh ....... :P y dont u make 2 cd's and .....eh eh eh :D courier me one .. :P :P eh eh eh ....
More
19 years 11 months ago #4002 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: linux ....linux ...linux
CC one this way as well ;)

Maximus, the scheme is basically I pay 500 bucks a month, and I have an unlimited connection, the speeds are dial-up speeds and I have a dynamic IP, and I do get disconnected sometimes.. but I can leave the machine on as long as I like with autoredial and it will just stay on the net.

Plus I solve the dynamic IP problem with no-ip.com's service.

Works great

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #4017 by MaXiMuS
hey sahir ,

sumthin happened yesterday... i had gone out shoppin and saw a LFY ( Linux For You ) June issue on the stand. I checked it out and guess what... its got sumthin that u want.....they are giving a Suse 9.1 Live CD.

I got back home , and checked out , the ver. which i had been using .....it was 8.2 .....and not 9.1 . I think i had confused it with Red Hat , used to keep switching between them.... :lol: and on top of that , the live cd won't run in my system , coz it requires 256 RAM and i got only 128
More
19 years 11 months ago #4021 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: linux ....linux ...linux
Ahh yes I'm still trying to get my hands on SuSE.. I will pick up the live cd, but I really want it as a desktop system...

I just got Slackware 9.1, but I haven't got round to installing it at home yet.

Otherwise I'll just have to fall back on Debian again :)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds