Skip to main content

linux ....linux ...linux

More
20 years 2 days ago #3741 by MaXiMuS
Why do i get a feelin ... that Babarali is a really more confused man now than he was before the beginning of this thread .....well if he isn't then it probably means that he is going to read this post next time on a linux system but if he is ......don worry dude maxi is here.........

you want e-books , i have a couple of them...only prob. is how do i give them to you ? i am on a dial up ... and ur telephone no.s suggest that u don't live in delhi.....

Red hat without any iota of doubt is the market leader .... but if your hard disk is short of space , do as sahir says ..knoppix is for you... but if no such issues are there .....i'd advise u to get a copy of fedora ....its way better than RH-9

but but.....if you are already beginning to feel allergic towards RH as i am ......i would strongly advise you to use Suse ..it beats RH all ends up and that is exactly what i am using right now .
More
20 years 1 day ago #3748 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: linux ....linux ...linux
Was just debating the pros / cons of SuSE with someone.. what are you using Maxi.. SuSE 9.1 ? If so where did you pick it up from.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3982 by MaXiMuS
yep , thats exactly what i use when i dial up from home.... i got it with my laptop :lol: ....hey .. i checked out the knoppix -std website .....there's no way in the world that i can download that file on a dialup and can't order it as well ( I WANTED TO) :( coz my dad's not gonna allow me to use his credit card on the net.

where did u get it from ???
More
19 years 11 months ago #3984 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: linux ....linux ...linux
Hehe I downloaded it on dialup.. I have MTNL's always online dialup connection... unlimited usage 500 bucks a month.

Go to a Reliance cybercafe or something and download it from there, they will be happy to get it for you, and burn the iso to a disc

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3993 by MaXiMuS
Always Online " dial up " -- what's that bhai ?? never heard of anything like that before ;) i mean how does it work ..... u do dial to number ? don't you ? do you always get the same IP ?? and what about the bandwidth ??? and what about the frequent disconnections in between ?? i do agree that the MTNL service is good , but still its pretty slow ......:)
More
19 years 11 months ago #3998 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: linux ....linux ...linux
Well I'd like to let you all know that I am downloading it here in the office...@ 60-65kb/sec! In around 3 hours, it should be ready, but I'll be long gone before that, so I'll make my cd on monday.

I've always left a 5 gig partition on my laptop to install Linux, but never got around to it, so I think this is the nest best solution!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds