Skip to main content

ADSL and telephones

More
17 years 4 months ago #18707 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Re: ADSL and telephones
guys, thanks for the update, thanks to boring lesson in uni, and ranger's earlier posts on ADSL, i actually know how the home CPE connects to the DSLAM.
a BT engineer has tested my home line from the nearest posts to my house. but because i was not at home, he couldn't test the socket. he didn't find any problems. i came back home to check the inside of my house, and the wiring seemed fine, and there were no cable breaks anywhere. the socket looked fine, apart from the fact the maybe some of the components on the pcb of the socket might have given way. there's a big capacitor, couple of resistors and a diode on the pcb which has the female end of the socket. if i can i will post a picture of the actual pcb.
but till now i haven't found any problems. my landline is still down, and i am trying to avoid a huge expenditure of calling out a BT engineer!!!
cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 4 months ago #18709 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: ADSL and telephones
I thought that if the fault was upto the box that BT have installed then they are responsible for maintaining that ? If thats the case then you shouldn't have any issues.

I suppose you could aways nip out and buy the end of the socket and fit that to see if it makes a difference. Don't know what BT would say though if they did end up calling out and noticed. Suppose you could act dumb and say, :roll: Eh... hehe

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 4 months ago #18711 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic socket
here a nice pic

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41709a10_21a1/bc/pics/IMG_0361.jpg?bfW5ddFBmPL1AWf4

More
17 years 4 months ago #18853 by rickardo
Replied by rickardo on topic Re: ADSL and telephones
"my landline is still down, and i am trying to avoid a huge expenditure of calling out a BT engineer".......its down to BT..no probs..cheers.rick(ex bt)""is there any other way i can test my telephone line, ?".....try calling 17070
More
17 years 4 months ago #18854 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic no joy
hi rick, can't dial 17070, i have no dialtone.
any other remedies?
cheers

More
17 years 4 months ago #18857 by rickardo
Replied by rickardo on topic Re: ADSL and telephones
..then its down to BT..so relax and let them sort it :wink:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds