Skip to main content

ADSL and telephones

More
17 years 4 months ago #18858 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic £££
but mate, that woman on the phone from BT was talking about something like £65 for the callout and £70/hour for an engineer visit!!! that too much £££ i am talking about!!!
any leads?
cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 4 months ago #18861 by rickardo
Replied by rickardo on topic Re: ADSL and telephones
dont understand that :o anything their side of your cpe is their's..as a bt engineer we have(had) to supply a dial tone..the money she's talking about is for sorting your kit on your side of the nte5(phone jack)..extensions etc...you have got a line fault
More
17 years 4 months ago #18862 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: ADSL and telephones

..the money she's talking about is for sorting your kit on your side of the nte5(phone jack)..extensions etc...you have got a line fault

Thats what i was told when i had to call out BT. Basically, it costs you if they find that the fault is after the phone jack that BT installed (if you have added your own extension cables its not covered).

My problem was after my telephone pole somewhere so i didn't get charged.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 4 months ago #18863 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic third callout
so there goes everything,
i have logged my final fault with BT again. this time i will be at home to let the engineer check my room as well. if not either way the landline can rest in peace, because my DECT phone is getting enabled tomorrow, and i can use my broadband connection to make phone calls. long live BT Home Hub!!!

More
17 years 4 months ago #18883 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic yahoooooooooooooo
guess what mates, both issues resolved, BT remotely cleared the fault on the line. they still had to come down to my place while i was not around but checked something in the nearest box to get rid of the line fault. and my BT Home Hub has just kicked in. so now i have two phones. my original landline, and my DECT phone!!!
boy am i pleased. thanks for all the advises. much appreciated

More
17 years 4 months ago #18892 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: ADSL and telephones
Great news fella :)

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds