Skip to main content

Question/problem for internet networking doods

More
20 years 6 months ago #1512 by oltouch
The problem shouldn't be with the isp. They have very good customer service and I called them and they said they support both routers and everything should be working fine.

Could it in any way be something wrong with my cable modem? Maybe something is a fluke in it?
More
20 years 6 months ago #1513 by tfs
That is a possibility and your taking it to your brothers house and trying it there using his modem, should tell you whether that is the case.

Another thing we never touched on was are you sure you don't have a virus. Have you got an anti-virus program on all 3 machines and have you got all the definitions updated. I would run the program on all three machines, just to make sure. The behavior your machines are showing are symptoms you see with some viruses. Sometimes they start opening connections and never closing them which slows things down until you run out of resources.

I'm not say this is the case here, just something you can easily check (which you may already have done), to take care of that possibility.

You never know.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 6 months ago #1531 by oltouch
Well, the problem with the isp theory :
I had the same isp when it worked before.
About the virus: This could be a possibility. When I get to my brothers I'll try it there.
More
20 years 6 months ago #1564 by oltouch
Ok I've found the problem and its been solved.

I had a virus which would ping every known ip address to man and clog up the network. Once I reformated my computers, all was well. Wasn't that simple? :D
More
20 years 6 months ago #1565 by tfs
Glad to hear you solved the problem.

Viruses can be very frustrating and time consuming. I wouldn't call it simple. :wink:

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 6 months ago #1576 by oltouch
I know, I was being sarcastic :)
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds