Skip to main content

Accessing My Account !!

More
18 years 7 months ago #10057 by The_Gruffalo
Hi. Tarun, you are not alone. I'm trying from work. I've been having this trouble for a while, but never got round to raising it or doing much investigation due to lack of time and all the usual reasons. However, after a refresh and clear of the temp files this morning I got on to edit the account. Thought I had some good news for you, but now a couple of hours later no luck. :roll:

I'm running IE6 and winXP SP2. When clicking 'your info' the address bar changes to firewall.cx/account-edituser.html , but the home page remains.

I tried a refresh and deleting my temp files, logging out then in again without success. I'll try later from home and see if I can get in then, as I've never tried from there, but if anyone has any advice to offer I'd be grateful. :)
More
18 years 7 months ago #10064 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Accessing My Account !!
Gruffalo,

I think we've hit the problem with your post!

You mentioned the URL firewall.cx/account-edituser.html , and I noticed there is no 'www' in front of the address.

Tarun, can you please confirm this link is also showing up for you when the problem is being reproduced ?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #10067 by The_Gruffalo
Hi Chris. Never bothered with the www before, just gone to firewall.cx and clicked the links from there. Just tried it here at home and had the same problem, but when I went to www.firewall.cx and clicked the links it worked fine.

I probably did that earlier without even realising I'd put it in (it was early) and that's why it worked for a bit. Cheers mate. :D
More
18 years 7 months ago #10068 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Accessing My Account !!
Excellent!

I thought it would work with the 'www' in the url.

It seems to me there are two reasons the non 'www' version is not work, one being the php to html translation and the second must have got something to do with the cookies stored on your PC.

If you log into ' www.firewall.cx ' and then move to 'firewall.cx' it won't show you logged in! I encountered this recently and are still trying to understand why.

Congratulations ... you've managed to add another item to the pile of things we need to do once the Cisco lab is complete!

I'll let you know if we have any news on this topic. Tarun, you should be able to confirm the 'www' is working for you.
Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 7 months ago #10069 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Accessing My Account !!
Yes, that's handled by the "domain" property of the cookie, which renders it's information active only for a specific domain/namespace. Right now from what I can see the domain property is set to " www.firewall.cx " which renders it active explicitly for that domain.
More
18 years 7 months ago #10070 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Accessing My Account !!
That's interesting ... This info will come in useful for a web project I'm currently working on.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds