Skip to main content

Again, Invalid IP Used ! (I have Include the snapshot, pg 2)

More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13978 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic gain knowledge
dear chris,
could you tell me how his entire range of addresses was blocked by the site? :?:

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13997 by VINODM
Replied by VINODM on topic hi guys.
Hi Chris & nske,
Thanks for your effort, but the problem still remains, I am accessing f.cx with help of Web proxy(Though little Slow).

Hi Arani,
Thanks for you suggestion, I tried with diffrent Browsers but no diffrent. I guess Problem is with my ISP, will contact them regarding this Issue.

and is there a possiblity of NAT being the issue, I am Having a ADSL connection with internal IP of 192.168.1.2 (my machine) and 192.168.1.1 (ADSL Router) normally all HTTP traffic will be port 80, is f.cx using a diffrent one for security reason, should I do a port forward ?

Just want to clarify, because this issue is only with f.cx website :(

I will contact my ISP and update you guys with the same.

Cheers,
-VINOD M

Cheers,
VINOD M :)

CCNA
~If You Cant Beat Him Join Him~
More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13999 by Chris
VINODM,

Can you please capture a 'screenshot' of the problem and email it to us : feedback AT Firewall DOT cx :)

This will help us 'see' the problem and try to determine what on earth is happening!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 2 weeks ago #14019 by VINODM
Replied by VINODM on topic hi Chris,
The Problem seems to be solved as of now, After a long time, accessing f.cx without a web proxy :lol: !

Contacted my ISP, the problem seems to happen, when I have an IP of range 125.x.x.x, I am not able to access the website, I get a message on the page "Invalid IP used !" they said they will work on the issue.

I restarted the DSL Router and when my IP range is 59.144.x.x I am able to access the website without any issues like now.

I will send you a snapshot, when I come across the error again.

Cheers,
-VINOD M

Cheers,

CCNA
More
18 years 1 week ago #14030 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic issues
congratulations on being able to log onto this great site again without any further problems!!! :D
i think for some reason your IP allotment was being done in the range which had been blocked by the site. but now even if you are being alloted in that range again, you would not have any more problems because chris has already cleared that range off from his end. i had a feeling that it was on the ISP side.
but even if now its all hunky dory, keep an eye on your IP addresses as they change from time to time, and keep a note on what addresses does not let you log onto to this site in the future. this would help us tremendously to diagnose the IP addresses which also might seem to be blocked, or maybe even lead us to a totally different issue responsible for your problem

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 1 week ago #14061 by VINODM
Like I said earlier when I get an IP from 125.x.x.x range the problem logining to f.cx.

This could be a problem on the Web Hosting service company which is hosting f.cx has blacklisted 125.x.x.x range.

or the access list filer of f.cx, confirmed with my ISP.

and I am able to access without any issues when my IP Range is 59.x.x.x

Cheers,
-VINOD M

Cheers,

CCNA
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds