Skip to main content

leaning router

More
19 years 6 months ago #5547 by greatgemini
leaning router was created by greatgemini
hi friends

i have a cisco 2600 router attached on my network having a static IP. I wanna learn how to work on router ? i also have few commands of router but i dont know how to use those commands, actually i wanna learn from basics that how can we use routers inour network ? how can we work on routers ? i have searched from google but didn't find any good material, can any one plz tell me how can i learn router or is there any online book ??

please help me
More
19 years 6 months ago #5549 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: leaning router
first telnet to the router

telnet <ip address>

then login

then type
?

you can then type any command and a ?

for example
show ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 6 months ago #5551 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: leaning router
I don't know of any e-books on cisco router configuring, but NeoPonder posted this link on another thread not too long ago....
www.semsim.com/router-simulator-commands.html

it shows you the basic and some advanced commands

as for how to connect to the router, as Sahirh said, telnet to the router, shift from user mode to privaleged mode. I don't know how much you know about routers, but there's two modes, privlaged and user mode, each mode has a set of commands, you have more control of the router in privlaged mode.
More
19 years 6 months ago #5552 by FallenZer0
Replied by FallenZer0 on topic Re: leaning router

hi friends

i have a cisco 2600 router attached on my network having a static IP. I wanna learn how to work on router ? i also have few commands of router but i dont know how to use those commands, actually i wanna learn from basics that how can we use routers inour network ? how can we work on routers ? i have searched from google but didn't find any good material, can any one plz tell me how can i learn router or is there any online book ??

please help me

--Read *ALL* the info in the below links.

www.firewall.cx/routers.php
www.firewall.cx/cisco_ue.php
www.firewall.cx/cisco_modes.php
www.firewall.cx/cisco_ue.php
www.firewall.cx/cisco_priveliged.php
www.firewall.cx/routing.php
www.firewall.cx/routed_protocols.php
www.firewall.cx/ip_routing.php

This should give you enough reading material.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 6 months ago #5557 by ReX
Replied by ReX on topic Re: leaning router
Hey,

Im currently in a cisco corse, and Ive found that there site actualy has alot of good info. You might check there too.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds