Skip to main content

Windows 2003 firewall

More
18 years 11 months ago #8810 by Freebird
hello,
I have a linux based broadband server with around 400 clients. i want to put a firewall using win2000/2003 in which the ethernet cards are bridged.(As Authentication is taking place from different Ips firewall should be passive).Help me out!!!

Regards
freebird
More
18 years 11 months ago #8811 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Windows 2003 firewall
hi,

are you referring to ISA Firewall Server of MS?..
More
18 years 11 months ago #8827 by Freebird
Replied by Freebird on topic Re: Windows 2003 firewall
Can ISA work in my scenario.My firewall should come in between server & clients.
More
18 years 11 months ago #8828 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Firewall
I haven't quite got a mental picture of your requirements yet. Can you tell us what the firewall has to let through (protocols), what it must prevent getting through, and what in basic terms is the addressing structure of your network (where the different networks/subnets are in relation to the firewall
More
18 years 11 months ago #8830 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic ISA
Hey Guys,

Happy I.T Day!

Isn't ISA servers usely installed for web servers. I could be wrong. If your running linux then i'll stay with linux through out the network. Compatibility always makes me nervous.

"Give a man a hub he'll show you four buildings, give him a wireless router, he'll show you the world"
- Lindows -
More
18 years 11 months ago #8834 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Windows 2003 firewall
hi to all,

you could probably use ISA firewall in your current network and it really depends on what you really plan on doing with your firewall just as the bishop pointed out. you really need to plan on this one as it involves your network security.

hi lindows, i believe that ISA is a full pledged firewall/proxy server designed by MS.

freebird, you could also try and check out IPcop at www.ipcop.org since this is also a firewall/proxy server. the cool thing about this is that it's open source and is free! 8) ..also there are alot of neat things that this can do..it might be worth a look.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds