Skip to main content

Server 2K3 Drive Letter

More
19 years 4 months ago #6349 by allanigue03
Thanks for all your ideas, we are try to recreate a senario where and IT encounter an software error on their server which has its root drive set to "s" without a drive "c" but setting up a server with that settings give us pain.

I never seen that server I think there are only testing are our capabilites.

hehehe

thanks a lot
More
19 years 4 months ago #6356 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Server 2K3 Drive Letter
Believe me it causes pain...
For those who are interested.. we finally recovered my friends box by using home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ for offline registry editing...

Edit the [system] hive, under MountedDevices \\DosDevices\\S: had to be changed back to \\DosDevices\\C: also all the binary data in the value had to be put back in again :)

Good fun for the whole family.. don't you just *love* these pathetic closed operating systems ?

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 4 months ago #6371 by allanigue03
thanks to all, I already made it. First I create a partition with my disk drive C and D, then setup an initial windows on the C drive. after the installation I change the drive D to S by going to Disk Management. Then I copy and place the intallation of Server 2K3 on the S drive and run the installation. On the process I pick the new installation. Then set the Intallation on the S drive. After the Installation is done, I go to regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>MountedDevice right click on the "\DosDevices\C:" and change the C to any drive letter ex. "K" then restart the machine after that you will end with a machine with a S Drive as the Root and K drive.

Hope this will help you alsdo in the future

good day to all and happy holidays

Aries
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds