Skip to main content

Software to control usb access

More
14 years 3 months ago #33429 by jester
I need help in finding a usb access control software , we are having a windows 2003 network with 400 clients and we have enabled usb access control through Group policy in AD ,but that is not sufficient since users disconnect the network cable and use local logins to access usb drives ,we cannot disable the usb in the client machines by changing the registry settings since most of the systems are not physically reachable and my management has decided to use some software to control the usb access and which holds its lock even when the system is disconnected from the network.

please suggest some reliable software ...

thanks in advance
More
14 years 3 months ago #33431 by eylli
I think GFI Endpoint can do some work for you www.gfi.com
More
14 years 3 months ago #33435 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic I 2nd GFI Endpoint....
I 2nd GFI End point. It still ranks High. www.gfi.com

Cheers

C0DE - 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 1 month ago #33888 by jester
what about the product "Device Lock".Any one tried this in their AD,waiting for other experts suggestion.
More
14 years 1 month ago #33895 by Nevins
It seems like you just want to keep people from using usb drives on your computer. You can simply disable usb mass storage in device manager.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 1 month ago #33896 by Chris
Jester,

There are a number of solutions out there that can do the work you want. I'd have to agree with everyone else and give the thumbs up for the GFI solution (Endpoint Security). It's a well tested solution and will provide you with the required flexibility to get the job done the best possible way.

You can download a trial copy at the following location: www.gfi.com/endpointsecurity

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds