Skip to main content

ftp problem from linux to windows 2003 server

More
16 years 7 months ago #23160 by SmartDude
Dear all,
I have setup Windows 2003 with IIS 6.0 and default ftp server. The problem is i cann't make ftp connection from any linux machines using gftp, mc, etc. Whereas from windows computer there is no problem in ftp connection. Can somebody point me to right direction to solve this weird problem ? Thanks in advance.

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
More
16 years 7 months ago #23162 by TheBishop
A couple of things to check: Firstly you'll have to connect by IP address as the linux machines might not be able to resolve the names not being part of the domain. Secondly make sure that in the IIS settings you are allowing completely open access to the FTP server - if there is any sort of Windows authentication on either the server or the directory access it will fail for the same reason
More
16 years 7 months ago #23208 by SmartDude
i did try with ip address too, but it didn't work !!!. Any other clues

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
More
16 years 7 months ago #23213 by TheBishop
Hmm, 'fraid not. Dalight or Smurf got any ideas?
More
16 years 7 months ago #23218 by DaLight
I think the Bishop's previous comment about Windows Authentication may have something to do with it. Do the Windows users have to actually type in a user name/password? i.e. are you using anonymous authentication?
More
16 years 7 months ago #23225 by GTM
My Linux knowledge is very limited so if im way of here my apologies. I assume Samba would need to be enabled on the linux machines to connect to the server if so have that been done?
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds