Skip to main content

Can not join the domain

More
16 years 7 months ago #23176 by ardeef
Replied by ardeef on topic Re: Can not join the domain
I checked and did as you all have suggested. I reconfigured the firewall and now, the server can ping my pc. but still, not able to join the domain.
I was now downloading the update for the RPC application from microsoft and I will inform you later guys if its successful after installing it. thanks.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23177 by KiLLaBeE
GTM,

The issue you are explaining (computers "dropping" from the domain) happens every once in a while at the place I work and doing what you suggested helps. I think resetting the computer account in AD resolves the issue also. I noticed the other day that a computer that had "dropped" from the domain had also become disabled in AD. Reenabling it followed by resetting the computer account resolved the issue.

I've noticed the following on my lab server: When attempting to join a computer to the domain, if I enter the domain name as "domainname.com," I receive an error that leads me to believe that DNS isn't configured correctly, but if I just type "domainname" for the domain name, I'll be able to add it successfully. A book I was reading mentioned that entering the suffix (.com, .net, etc) is best practice and a good way to test if DNS is configured correctly........any ideas why this happens?
More
16 years 7 months ago #23180 by alx
Replied by alx on topic regarding the rpc update...
Hi Smurf,

can you please give me info which patch changed the RPC operation? I might need that in the future...

thx
alx
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds