Skip to main content

Ububtu

More
17 years 2 months ago #19981 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Ubuntu
Ubuntu saved me from going bankrupted...
More
17 years 2 months ago #19983 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Ububtu
I have been running Fedora Core 5 for the past few weeks, and I really liked it. A friend of mine told me about Ubuntu, and I must say Ubuntu is awesome!!

I installed an OpenGL accelerated desktop called Beryl. This accelerated desktop gives Microsoft Vista and Mac OS X a run for its money. I found a video on YouTube that shows somebody demonstrating the features of Ubuntu running Beryl. Check out the video, it will blow you away. Enjoy!

Video Source Link:

ZiPPy
More
17 years 2 months ago #19988 by st17670
Replied by st17670 on topic Ubuntu is good but...
Ubuntu is very good. It gets better and better. But for me, Arch Linux is definitely the way to go. It's super duper fast and getting better. You might want to check it out.
More
17 years 1 month ago #20115 by krik
Replied by krik on topic Re: Ububtu

I installed an OpenGL accelerated desktop called Beryl. This accelerated desktop gives Microsoft Vista and Mac OS X a run for its money. I found a video on YouTube that shows somebody demonstrating the features of Ubuntu running Beryl. Check out the video, it will blow you away. Enjoy!

Thank you very much ZiPPy for speaking about Beryl! I was used to use Ubuntu with Gnome interface... I found it uggly in comparison with my Mac but more suitable for the security tools I use... Now I have installed Beryl and it's wonderful! I have all my tools with a beautiful interface!

Christophe Lemaire
www.exp-networks.be/blog/
More
17 years 1 month ago #20120 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Evil beryl
I've triend to install beryl, but nothing worked. Im running ubuntu 6 with the most current updates applied. Can anyone show me a link on how to install beryl.

Thanks
More
17 years 1 month ago #20138 by krik
Replied by krik on topic Re: Evil beryl

Can anyone show me a link on how to install beryl.

I've used this page to install Beryl on my Ubuntu 6.10... It took me less than 15 minutes.

wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Install_Beryl_on_Ubuntu

Christophe Lemaire
www.exp-networks.be/blog/
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds