Skip to main content

Leopard OS

More
16 years 3 months ago #24617 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Leopard OS
Thanks Skepticals!! Thanks! I really appreciate you giving me a hard time! What would I do without you on the forums? LOL.

One day a Mac sticker will end up on the back window of your car. But dont' worry, it won't be me :D

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
16 years 3 months ago #24618 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Leopard OS
Haha... someone has to give you a hard time!

If you send me a Mac sticker I will put it on my car just to show my support.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24662 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Leopard OS
Zippy, dude,
I'm a recent addition to the mac fan club. Can't wait for Macworld on the 15th.

I'm running Leopard here on my Macbook Pro. Don't think twice, this is the best operating system in the world. I'm willing to pay the Apple markup just for the fact that I'm running essentially the most advanced system available.

And yes, I absolutely love the underlying UNIX. :)

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
16 years 3 months ago #24679 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Leopard OS
That is awesome to hear Sahir!! It really amazes me how fast people will shut down the thought of using a Mac. So many people have so many bad things to say about Mac. But I think people still have this impression that Mac's capabilities are still running in the Apple 1 era.

Somebody at the company I work for told me they don't like the fact they can't get into Mac like they can in Windows (i.e. registry). This partially has to do with why Mac is so stable and secure. Granted, Mac is starting to face more issues with virsus's, trojans, and security holes. But we are still talking a significantly less amount compared to Windows.

I have mentioned this fact in another post on the forums regarding security at DefCon11. It's no wonder why 70% of the users were running Mac in the Capture the Flag hacking competition. They know they can connect to the Fedora Core server, which was the core server of the game, and not have to worry about security, respectively. As opposed to the security issues when connecting an insecure Windows laptop.

The implementation of the Terminal in Mac alone makes it stand out! I am learning how to really take advantage of the Terminal and put it to full use!

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
16 years 3 months ago #24681 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Leopard OS
Welcome to the Cult Sahir! :D

I hope you are enjoying macs and leopard as much as I do.
More
16 years 3 months ago #24684 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Leopard OS
Zippy, you talk about MAC being more secure. Could this be because no programmers would write a virus that would only affect the 3 MAC users in the world? I know if I wanted to take out as many computers as I could that I would write it for Windows.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds