Yeah! I have seen Dragonforce live, totally fantastic! Okay, have you heard:
Manowar
Finntroll
Edguy
Sonata Artica
Children Of Bodom
Rhapsody

What other music do you like?

Sorry to drift from the original thread topic...
More
19 years 7 months ago #4951 by FallenZer0
I listen to my own music and march to the beat of my own drums. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 7 months ago #4953 by nske
Replied by nske on topic <
hmm I'll push the topic a little away as I am curious about your thoughts for the future of commercial software in general.. It firstly occured to me after attending a speech of Scott Collins (principal developer of mozilla project and back in Netscape since almost it's beggining) last year, that commercial software may just not have a future.. That literally the "days" of giant sofware companies are counted and finally the whole construct of marketing around sofware development will collapse. It may not be days but a time that can not be estimated -he said that-, but it is inevitable that in the end every competitive (first-line) software will be free software. Also that software paterns may be the last possible fotress, but one it will not hold. He based his opinion mainly in examples of the past in other but similar subjects, and in the progress of free software till now (which is predictably, still an early stage). I have not listened to any serious opposition speech, but as of now I am convinced about the truth of it, especially since open source software covers my current and any needs I can forsee. Of course the problem -the way I see it- was to realize that, as a user that was grown using commercial sofware, like most users :P. So the problem seems to exist not in practice but in the advertising and marketing techniques that make new users believe that "paying or stealing" is the only way to use quality -or even useful- software.

I'd like to hear more opinions :)

PS. Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, System of a Down and Nightwish 0wn :D
More
19 years 7 months ago #4959 by sahirh
ok I'm gonna re-read this post tomorrow and reply again. I'm down a couple of beers and all I read is
Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, System of a Down and Nightwish

They all rock... esp Stratovarius.

Now to take it to the next level

Dream Theater (gasp wow)
Shadow Gallery
Fates Warning
Kamelot (slurp)
Queensryche
Savatage
Conception
Angra

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 7 months ago #5157 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic I got scared
I got scared for a few seconds when I was reading about who is gonna buy out who. Microsoft buys Cisco...o my the images in my head I can't even describe. I know I am going to have bad dreams tonight...I just know it.

Cisco 12000 Series routers with the windows sticker on the front next to the Cisco logo. O MY!!! :roll:

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
19 years 7 months ago #5181 by laurie
Replied by laurie on topic Re: I got scared

I got scared for a few seconds when I was reading about who is gonna buy out who. Microsoft buys Cisco...o my the images in my head I can't even describe. I know I am going to have bad dreams tonight...I just know it.

Cisco 12000 Series routers with the windows sticker on the front next to the Cisco logo. O MY!!! :roll:

ZiPPy

They will change the IOS, probably put an annoying paper clip in there somewhere :x .
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds