Skip to main content

What is your favorite Game, and what console is it for?

More
17 years 4 months ago #18878 by TheBishop
Don't know about a "favourite" game but there are games I've played a lot at various times over the years and which form milestones in my life:
Pyramid of Doom. One of those old text-based adventure games. Can't even remember what machine I played it on but you had to load it off a cassette recorder. Took hours and hours to realise you had to collect the camel dung right at the start of the game so you could feed it to the giant snake later...
Manic Miner for the ZX Spectrum - spent many, many hours on night shifts in my first job playing this. Ah, Eugene's lair, the Attack of the Mutant Telephones and the carniverous toilets with their flapping lids. Plus the nerve jangling incessant 'Hall of the Mountain King' playing in the background. I can hear it now...
Syphon Filter for the PS1. Annhialate the bad guys and disarm the bombs. Boy, if they really made Tasers like that...
Shenmue for the Dreamcast. Completely addictive. Why oh why didn't they complete the series?!? I need to find out what happens at the end!
And finally, Green Army Men on the PC. Totally mindless and an absoulte hoot
More
17 years 4 months ago #18884 by DaLight
The Bishop's showing his age here ...
More
17 years 4 months ago #18885 by monsky
i liked warcraft 1 and 2, but not with release 3 because of the "too much graphics". games are really addictive so with the same reasoning of starfire

Eventually it was the addictiveness of it that forced me to stop regardless of how much fun I was having as it was really starting to impose on the time with the wife and kids.

More
17 years 4 months ago #18886 by monsky
but i got a chance to play karateka on a ibm pc jr and navy sail on a apple IIe when RAM was really a luxury
More
17 years 4 months ago #18927 by pmbsek
thats a hard one for me... ranging from PC to XBOX...

PC would have to be either DAOC or CS (any version or mod)
XBOX would have to be either ghost recon (any number) halo 1/2, and Morrowinds... imma first person shooter and a MMO guy :P
More
17 years 2 months ago #19764 by metalman
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds