Skip to main content

hacking tutorial

More
18 years 6 months ago #10442 by kdawood
hacking tutorial was created by kdawood
Hi All,

I have a basic knowledge of networking,
i would like to learn hacking ,can anybody suggest me any good tutorial or books for basic hacking techniques

thanks in advance

Kdawood
More
18 years 6 months ago #10446 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: hacking tutorial
I don't think that you have posted this article at proper place. This site is not about breaking something but it's about joining people. You can not get info about hacking and stuff like that on this site.

Respected modrators Correct me if i had mistaken in replaying this post in wrong way.

~Pranav

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 6 months ago #10455 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: hacking tutorial
heh the word "hacking" is being so mercilessly abused and misinterpreted everywhere that personally I would avoid using it anywhere (much less getting involved on a debate on it's meanings) and I would recommend everyone to do the same -at least on this forum.

Kdawood, perhaps you are seriously interested in the field of networking security -which is a very interesting topic-, but the way you ask, it makes it look like you are just interested in learning some easy "shortcuts" to play around, in which case ping's answer is absolutelly correct :)

In the case that you are seriously interested, I would suggest that you keep studying and experimenting in the fields of networking, Operating Systems and programming. If you do so, at some point you will see that most security-related practices/subjects will fit in naturally, you will be able to comprehend them at a more fundamental level -which will give you great satisfaction too- and certainly your horizons will widen enough to know what to look for and where!

Appart from that I can not really recommend you any specific information sources about security since I do not know your level of understanding on the various depending subjects but great information sources that can help you learn necessary things exist everywhere around the web. As a matter of fact this very site is a great information source that can guide you from ground zero to an advanced level of networking understanding! I don't think I know of something equal for other subjects, non the less that just means you'll need to do a little more searching.

Anyway -as an example-, if you are able to resolve most of the knowledge dependencies for "TAO Of Network Security Monitoring" book (check the book reviews section in this site), you will be on a very good level!
More
18 years 6 months ago #10476 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: hacking tutorial
There is a website that has been setup for people to learn "Security Intrusion" Techniques. But, unfortunately, I can't remember what it is called. I mentioned it to The Bishop, so I'll ask him and see if he can remember.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10483 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: hacking tutorial
Found it, try

www.hackthissite.org/

These guys want you to test the site.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10519 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: hacking tutorial

heh the word "hacking" is being so mercilessly abused and misinterpreted everywhere that personally I would avoid using it anywhere (much less getting involved on a debate on it's meanings) and I would recommend everyone to do the same -at least on this forum.

Well judged nske, I don't know but I recently read about the actual defination of the word hacker it goes like this

Hacker is a computer slang used for an elite programmer.

So, i guess you are quite right and i will also try to follow it as much as possible by not using "hacker" word.

But instead of that i would really like to suggest using work cracker if that's ok. what you say ??

:?: :?:
~pranav

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds