Skip to main content

Anonymous Proxy Service Providers

More
19 years 7 months ago #5065 by FallenZer0
Hello All,

I just tried IDzap, Proxify, Guardster, SnoopBlocker, which were Freeware. Sure all these provide anonymous surfing, but the
pop-ups when I used Guardster, were annoying.

IDzap, Proxify did its job, but they were terribly slow, as is expected of freeware.

SnoopBlocker didn't do anything when I typed the URL.

I've a cable modem and I wouldn't trade the *Speed* for Anonymous surfing. If anyone know of a good proxy server which provides better bandwidth, please let me know.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 7 months ago #5066 by Jack
FallenZero --

You may not need to run any *extra* proxy software, you could just simply setup your browser to go thru, check out proxy lists:

www.atomintersoft.com/products/alive-proxy/proxy-list
www.samair.ru/proxy/
www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/proxy_list
www.proxywhois.com/transparent-proxy-list.htm

For proxy software:
www.soft32.com/download_26419.html (I have used this).
anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html (I use this, FREE).

To confirm your new IP: www.ipchicken.com
If you use one say from Germany then go to Google.com, the page will detect your country and display the page in German.

As far as the speed going thru a *proxy* it is the norm in certain cases to be slow, depending on how many users, bandwidth consumption, country and filter are in place, with that said there is the other side where it will be fast, trial and error is at hand.

One other thing to keep in mind, I have found in my use of proxy servers that they dont always filter all 65535 ports, primarly just port 80. You may find differant resaults.

Good Luck,

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
19 years 7 months ago #5070 by FallenZer0

FallenZero --

www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/proxy_list

--Jack, First of all Thankyou for the links.
I used a couple of IP addresses with port 80, and chained, I think a few of them were dead. I then just used one High Anonymity proxy from the above and could surf anonymously.

To confirm your new IP: www.ipchicken.com
--verified to make sure that my real IP was hidden. Indeed it was.

As far as the speed going thru a *proxy* it is the norm in certain cases to be slow, depending on how many users, bandwidth consumption, country and filter are in place, with that said there is the other side where it will be fast, trial and error is at hand.

--Talk about speed using proxies. As you said, trial and error is the only way to go.

One other thing to keep in mind, I have found in my use of proxy servers that they dont always filter all 65535 ports, primarly just port 80. You may find differant resaults.

--I'm not sure if I understood what you meant, when you said, don't always filter all 65535 ports. Most of them were using port 80, 8080, 3128 etc. If this is what you were saying, then yes you are correct.
Good Luck,

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 4 months ago #6291 by sjakie
I've found a nice and fast anonymous proxy ab-proxy.homeunix.net:3128

:D
More
19 years 4 months ago #6292 by sahirh
Proxy servers come and go.. I'll tell you what I do.. I gather lists from a couple of sources, usually stayinvisible.com.. and you run them through a proxy checker that will prune the list of any dead proxies or non anonymous proxies... a really nice program is called 'Advanced Administrative Tools'.. good luck getting the full version though :)

The same thing can be accomplished by a quick bit of PERL / Shell scripting as a cron job in the UNIX world.. Then what you can do is get something like proxomitron or similar that can use a proxy list..

I have seen one really nice program in Windows, you give it a proxy list and it makes different requests through different proxies.. in other words when you view this webpage, it will make the request for one image through one server.. something else through another... it also optimizes its requests on the basis of bandwidth etc.. really speeds things up when you have a nice big proxy list.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 4 months ago #6311 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Proxies
Strange isn't it how web proxies were originally devised to make surfing FASTER, and now we're using them to make it slower!? How times (and priorities) change
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds