Skip to main content

GNS3 Switch

More
14 years 7 months ago #31645 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: GNS3 Switch
hmm :?, I added the NM-16ESW module into a 3640 router with the c3640-ik8s-mz.122-15.t11.bin image. I'm getting the spanning-tree commands. For example:

[code:1]Router(config)# spanning-tree ?
backbonefast Enable BackboneFast Feature
portfast Spanning tree portfast options
uplinkfast Enable UplinkFast Feature
vlan VLAN Switch Spanning Tree
[/code:1]

It could be because the IOS you used is a bit old (120 means version 12.0). Cisco says that the minimum required (for the 3600 series routers) is 12.2(8 )T.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 7 months ago #31655 by pedenski
Replied by pedenski on topic Re: GNS3 Switch
ok sorry my fault, i have used the wrong IOS, I downloaded another IOS similiar to yours, and it does have STP, but it only made me confused because the syntax to make STP is different from the real config for STP.

anyways, I tried making STP for PT, since I have no choice, and eventually it worked smoothly. sometimes PT does weird things, even you used the correct commands and confirmed it like a hundred times, PT isnt working like it should be..

by the way.. thanks s0lo..
Im just amazed how you can handle all the questions here, i see your post all around the forum.
hope you dont mind me asking, uhm. are you a CCIE level? im pretty sure you are..
8)
More
14 years 7 months ago #31662 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: GNS3 Switch
I agree with pedenski, S0lo is our CCIE around the forums!! The guy is everywhere with answers!!!

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 7 months ago #31674 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: GNS3 Switch
Thanks allot pedenski and ZiPPy :) glad to help. Oh, I'm definitely not a CCIE. Not even close.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds