Skip to main content

How 'Green' is your network?

More
17 years 3 months ago #19717 by Starfire

We have those lights Zippy, and they're a pain! Just the other week I was alone in one of our buildings, after dark, sitting with my laptop on my knee in front of a comms rack. And after 10 minutes of engrossing work - SUDDEN DARKNESS! And the only way to get the lights back on is to put everything down, stand up and do a dance. Fair enough on the energy savings, but I wish they'd provide an over-ride. They have them in the toilets too which is even worse (leaving that to your imagination)

hehehe conjures up some images that. Just hope the boss doesn't walk in right at that moment.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19729 by ZiPPy
TheBishop,

Maybe those nerds had something going with that head band and a little antenna light attached. :lol: Good for those dark events that happen sporadically.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
17 years 3 months ago #19735 by Smurf

We have those lights Zippy, and they're a pain! Just the other week I was alone in one of our buildings, after dark, sitting with my laptop on my knee in front of a comms rack. And after 10 minutes of engrossing work - SUDDEN DARKNESS! And the only way to get the lights back on is to put everything down, stand up and do a dance. Fair enough on the energy savings, but I wish they'd provide an over-ride. They have them in the toilets too which is even worse (leaving that to your imagination)

We aren't supposed to work alone due to health and saftey, now don't get me started on all that political rubbish aswell :lol:

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19736 by DaLight
Another supposed power saving hint ... Google's clean homepage supposedly causes a display to use about 25% more energy than an all black home page. Apparently, about £40,000/day in electricity costs could be saved if they reverted to a black page. So if all the high volume pages on the internet used dark pages, the global warming problem would be solved!!!
More
17 years 3 months ago #19739 by Starfire
Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

PS: I typed this very slowly just in case I killed a tree somewhere due to over exertion.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds