Skip to main content

IP WHOIS Results...

More
18 years 7 months ago #10005 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: IP WHOIS Results...
Thanx for the links buddy, really good, i am going through the RFC.

Now that we are on RFC's i wanna ask one more questions, what do you think is the right way to study an RFC, read it thoroughly completely or just skimming through the important sections ?

How do you do it ?

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 7 months ago #10007 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: IP WHOIS Results...
eheh I don't actually make a habbit of reading RFCs! :lol: I usually just refer to the appropriate paragraph when I want to clarify how one particular technology (like DNSSEC, or AXFR in DNS) is supposed to work or to be implemented. However RFCs are written to be thorough and be read from the beggining to end, so if I wanted a deep understanding of a technology I don't feel familiar with, this is how I would do it. If I was really interested in the topic, I would also isolate terms or phrases that I have doubts for, as soon as I met them, and look up for related texts in google, pausing the study of the main text until I have found and read enough info to understand the particular phrase or term. This is similar to how a DNS recursor looks up for an answer, or a sophisticated package-manager treats dependencies in *nix, slow but clear! ;)
More
18 years 7 months ago #10009 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: IP WHOIS Results...

This is similar to how a DNS recursor looks up for an answer, or a sophisticated package-manager treats dependencies in *nix, slow but clear! ;)

Good one :wink:

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds