Skip to main content

Help with Vmware !!!!

More
17 years 7 months ago #16777 by donny
Replied by donny on topic Re: Help with Vmware !!!!
ok guys i got vmware working !!!! I'm using windows xp and running slax as the virtual machine. 8)

Got another question now, I dont have an internet connection at home but still i would like to network the underlaying operating system (xp) and the virtual machine (slax). Is this possible guys.thanks

cheers,
donovan
More
17 years 7 months ago #16785 by taqqi14
Replied by taqqi14 on topic yes possible
yes its possible .Vmware actually is designed for virtual network connection eliminating the need of multiple PCs to have a networked environment.

Creating "Bridged" Virtual machine allows u to give ur guest Operating system as well as ur host OS machines different ip addresses which can be reachable from each other .As virtual NICs in these host machine and guest virtual machine can b assigned ip addresses from same subnet to get them networked.

Rgds
taqqi
More
17 years 7 months ago #16788 by The_Geek
Replied by The_Geek on topic Re: Help with Vmware !!!!
www.vmware.com/pdf/GuestOS_guide.pdf

(large file, dial up beware)