Skip to main content

Help with Vmware !!!!

More
17 years 7 months ago #16669 by donny
Help with Vmware !!!! was created by donny
hiya,

Im trying Vmware for the first time, a bit confused about how to use it.

In order to create virtual machines do you need that particular operating system cd to create a vm.

I read that you can use an ISO file as well to create a virtual image, if so how do you import this in vmware.

Right now i have the VMware workstation and vmware player.

Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers,
Donovan
More
17 years 7 months ago #16671 by donny
Replied by donny on topic Re: Help with Vmware !!!!
I was a bit restless , so i searched around some more.

Yes, you do need the OS cd to install an OS in a virtual machine !!! duh :?

-but still cant figure out how to use an iso file.

Cheers,
Donovan
More
17 years 7 months ago #16673 by Dove
Replied by Dove on topic Re: Help with Vmware !!!!
Hi,
Create the ISO image file from the OS CD by using the Nero CB Burn. In the VMware settings mark the boot path to the ISO image stored location and start the VMWare. Now the OS will start the installation process.

Hope it will help you.

Dove
More
17 years 7 months ago #16678 by taqqi14
You can use Iso images of operating system to install on ur virutual machine..Leme guide u

1) first complete the procedure for creating new virtual machine with series of dialogue boxes putting in the appripriate settings tht u want (i.e OS to install , virtual disk size etc etc).
2) Once tht new virtual machine is created It'll b added into "Favourites" .Click once to highlight this virtual machine and go to "VM" menu (4th from top left ) and select "Settings".

click on "CD-ROM 1" and on right hand side u'll c "Use ISO image" radio button. Select it and Browse to select the right path where ur iso images are residing . Boot the virtual machine and u r good to go with installation from iso images residing on ur harddisk .

Hope it helps

Taqqi
More
17 years 7 months ago #16685 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Help with Vmware !!!!
Not used VMware but you can also do exactly the same thing in Microsoft Virtual PC. I've installed both Win98, slackware and Ubuntu from .ISO images and it works fine
More
17 years 7 months ago #16715 by donny
Replied by donny on topic Re: Help with Vmware !!!!
ok thanks guys , will have to try this later.
much appreciated

Cheers,
Donovan
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds