Skip to main content

Free online Cisco Catalyst Switch lab

More
11 years 10 months ago #38000 by S0lo
I have infact used your lab yesterday for a quick test of some switch commands when I was away from my home lab at work. I think it's a good idea. Given that GNS3 doesn't support switches, so I have no way of testing a switch IOS other than using real equipment.

You could in the future run a GNS3/Dynamips server and connect some emulated routers to the lab. Avoiding the cost of more hardware equipment. But offcourse you need a PC with some CPU muscle in this case.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
11 years 10 months ago #38002 by yoda9999
Thanks for logging in! Yes, I think the guy at remote-lab.net is using GNS3.

There's unlimited possibilities with that. For now, I'll probably keep this simple as possible. I don't want it to be too big for newbies. Because then it will be only useful for CCNP and CCIE folks. And they would really need reservations, policies, banning people, etc. From then on it would be something more serious, and less fun.

I might add a 5th L3 switch but probably nothing more.

S0lo wrote: I have infact used your lab yesterday for a quick test of some switch commands when I was away from my home lab at work. I think it's a good idea. Given that GNS3 doesn't support switches, so I have no way of testing a switch IOS other than using real equipment.

You could in the future run a GNS3/Dynamips server and connect some emulated routers to the lab. Avoiding the cost of more hardware equipment. But offcourse you need a PC with some CPU muscle in this case.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38003 by Chris
Yoda,

One suggestion, you might want to consider linking to Firewall.cx as I'm sure your visitors will find plenty of material to benefit from :)

Just a friendly suggestion.

Thanks,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
11 years 9 months ago #38059 by yoda9999
Replied by yoda9999 on topic Re: Free Cisco switch lab
2 routers have been added to the lab. There is now a tunnel to a lab site in Bucharest.

If you have some Cisco routers and switches you want to tunnel to my lab, please contact me. Thanks!
More
10 years 3 months ago #38442 by RichardC
Hi,

May I know whose from New Zealand here particularly in Canterbury Christchurch...
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds