The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free online Cisco Catalyst Switch lab

Re: Free online Cisco Catalyst Switch lab 6 years 11 months ago #38000

• S0lo
  • Thank you received: 7
I have infact used your lab yesterday for a quick test of some switch commands when I was away from my home lab at work. I think it's a good idea. Given that GNS3 doesn't support switches, so I have no way of testing a switch IOS other than using real equipment.

You could in the future run a GNS3/Dynamips server and connect some emulated routers to the lab. Avoiding the cost of more hardware equipment. But offcourse you need a PC with some CPU muscle in this case.
Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx

Re: Free online Cisco Catalyst Switch lab 6 years 11 months ago #38002

Thanks for logging in! Yes, I think the guy at remote-lab.net is using GNS3.

There's unlimited possibilities with that. For now, I'll probably keep this simple as possible. I don't want it to be too big for newbies. Because then it will be only useful for CCNP and CCIE folks. And they would really need reservations, policies, banning people, etc. From then on it would be something more serious, and less fun.

I might add a 5th L3 switch but probably nothing more.

S0lo wrote: I have infact used your lab yesterday for a quick test of some switch commands when I was away from my home lab at work. I think it's a good idea. Given that GNS3 doesn't support switches, so I have no way of testing a switch IOS other than using real equipment.

You could in the future run a GNS3/Dynamips server and connect some emulated routers to the lab. Avoiding the cost of more hardware equipment. But offcourse you need a PC with some CPU muscle in this case.

Re: Free online Cisco Catalyst Switch lab 6 years 11 months ago #38003

• Chris
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13
Yoda,

One suggestion, you might want to consider linking to Firewall.cx as I'm sure your visitors will find plenty of material to benefit from :)

Just a friendly suggestion.

Thanks,
Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx

Re: Free Cisco switch lab 6 years 9 months ago #38059

2 routers have been added to the lab. There is now a tunnel to a lab site in Bucharest.

If you have some Cisco routers and switches you want to tunnel to my lab, please contact me. Thanks!

Re: Free online Cisco Catalyst Switch lab 5 years 4 months ago #38442

Hi,

May I know whose from New Zealand here particularly in Canterbury Christchurch...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

CCENT/CCNA

Cisco Routers

• SSL WebVPN
  • Securing Routers
  • Policy Based Routing
  • Router on-a-Stick

VPN Security

• Understand DMVPN
  • GRE/IPSec Configuration
  • Site-to-Site IPSec VPN