Skip to main content

cisco lab

More
13 years 9 months ago #34911 by JamieP
Replied by JamieP on topic Re: cisco lab
couldnt agree more, if you are serious about getting into networking. you can use all the simulators in the world and you will most likley pass your exams, but what will you do the first time you have to upgrade an IOS? or upgrade some memory? when your in a high pressure environment and the whole company is down because of a failed system board in your core switch!.

you can pick up a couple of 2600 series routers and some switch on ebay for couple of hundred ££ and it's worth every penny. My lab (which is getting rather TOO big as it fills a 32u rack!!) has paid for itself 100 times over.

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
More
13 years 9 months ago #34914 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Here's my current setup :
1) Cisco 2612 Router - 1 Eth, 1 Serial, 1 ISDN interfaces

2) Cisco 2501 Router - 2 Serial, 1 AUI for Ethernet with transceiver

3) Cisco 3648 XL Switch - 48 Fast Ethernet Interfaces.

Get's most done including switching, Routing protocols etc etc. And all of the above cost me £98!!!

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 9 months ago #34920 by valeri
Replied by valeri on topic Re: cisco lab
Thank you, dear Friends.

with keeping every your suggestion in mind I'll try to make decision. You are very helpful.

Yours truly

Valeri
More
13 years 9 months ago #35050 by ayseaf
Replied by ayseaf on topic Re: cisco lab
i am looking to buy ccna/ccnp home lab , what is the kit i have to buy included all routers , switchs and cables do i need , Thanks
More
13 years 9 months ago #35052 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Lab setup
Hi mate
Try this. it works for me
1) Cisco 2612 Router - 1 Eth, 1 Serial, 1 ISDN interfaces

2) Cisco 2501 Router - 2 Serial, 1 AUI for Ethernet with transceiver

3) Cisco 3648 XL Switch - 48 Fast Ethernet Interfaces.

Cables - 1 DCE - DTE cable, few straightthrough cables, few cross over cables. Power cables one for each switch and router.

Just keep it simple, should work for you as well.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 7 months ago #35427 by valeri
Replied by valeri on topic Re: cisco lab
Dear Friends, I appreciate every your advice,
you were very, very helpful in giving me the right direction to find a simulator and so on and I studied hard, but unfortunately failed cisco 640-822 (767 of 804). I'am a little tied with home, not so mobile as to go somewhere (any college) to get some information or to share my experience...
OK, not to waste your time, the question is: where can I get right set of questions for cisco 640-822 ICND1 exam?
There is plenty of offers in the Internet, but somehow, I trust this community, I trust your recommendations, guys.
Thank you in advance,
Valeri
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds