Skip to main content

Booting XM Images on Non-XM 2600

More
14 years 7 months ago #32224 by Kajitora
I have never tried replacing fans, but I have a pair of 1841 and they run pretty quite, and can pretty much do anything. They are a little on the expensive side though. I would suggest investing in a cheap http capable PDU, that way you can just turn everything on and off from a website when you arnt using it. Saves Power/Heat/Noise.

itgamers.blogspot.com
More
14 years 7 months ago #32226 by ZiPPy
Kajitora,

I know you and I have discussed in the past about the http capable PDU, and I am still thinking about getting one. But what about the health of the equipment? I was under the impression that Cisco gear wasn't made to be turned on/off, that it was primarily made to stay on 24/7 @ 365 a year. I could be wrong, but this is the impression I was under.

Granted, if turning the equipment on/off doesn't hurt this is the best all around solution being that it saves power and heat.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 6 months ago #32368 by sharky1337
Hi guys,

today I got a 2811 Router for free. I jumped into the air but at home I find out that the router didn't start up. The router boots only in rommon mode. I checked the campact flash with my card reader, but windows does nothing . Furthermore I type in rommon mode dev flash: and I get an error like " flash disk can't read " . A few minutes ago I came back from the it store where I bought a 256 card. Now I want to download a new IOS but I can't. I have registered at cisco.com but I haven't access to the download area. All IOS Versions are locked.

Please help ;)

best regards
More
14 years 6 months ago #32369 by S0lo
The configuration register could be wrongly set to bypass the IOS. Try this, In rommon mode, type: confreg 0x2102

This will reset the configuration register to it's default value (0x2102).

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 6 months ago #32370 by sharky1337

The configuration register could be wrongly set to bypass the IOS. Try this, In rommon mode, type: confreg 0x2102

This will reset the configuration register to it's default value (0x2102).

rommon 1 > confreg 0x2102

You must reset or power cycle for new config to take effect
rommon 2 > reset
c2811 processor with 262144 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with ECC enabled

Readonly ROMMON initialized
boot: cannot open "flash:"
boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "flash:"

Readonly ROMMON initialized
boot: cannot open "flash:"
boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "flash:"
More
14 years 6 months ago #32372 by S0lo
Looks like your flash needs to be formatted/erased. tftpdnld command in rommon would automatically erase the flash for you. But obviously you need to get your hands at an IOS file first.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds