Skip to main content

People being cheated into registering on this website!

More
17 years 7 months ago #16794 by nske
The idea for Donations/Contributions had been discussed in the past. Like Chris said, it could be implemented after the lab opens but only then, so that no one can claim this is a fraud. Besides right now money wouldn't make things go any faster!

Like stated many times in the Cisco Lab forum, access to the lab will be provided free of any charge to all members of the site, that's definite.
More
17 years 7 months ago #16795 by Smurf
That sounds great to me :) I am really supprised there is such a great resource like this for free, hats off to Chris and everyone else who runs the site, please keep up the good work with it and i hope i can continue to pass on my knowledge to anyone that i can.

Regards

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 7 months ago #16797 by Chris
I must apologize for the late response on my behalf, as I've just returned from an overseas business trip and didn't get any time to respond.

I have a feeling that cncodeguru tried to light up a fire with his first post, but ended up getting wet instead.

As our valuable community and team members noted so strongly, this site is no scam and it doesn't take much to prove it. Our 6+ years of development and contribution to the IT community and students from all over the world, is clear and straight forward. We are here to help everyone gain as much as possible, without asking for financial payments.

While money does make the world go around, it doesn't apply for this site :wink:

The Cisco labs will be released soon, we are actually getting ready for another public update this week, and they will be FREE of charge for everyone, following the spirit this site and its community is built upon.

I'd also like to kindly remind everyone that while the lab announcements and updates might be coming from me, there is a whole team working behind stage, trying to complete the labs so we can all benefit from them. These are the people who really deserve to be congratulated.

The Free Cisco labs is as team effort which include the site's team members (some of which you won't find on the forums) and the following valued community members:

The Bishop, Dalight, Rockape, Ping and Jwj.

All these people have spent their valuable time to help us create and test the Lab platform and are therefore able to verify the lab's Existence and progress !

I'm sure everyone would agree with me that all "Congratulations" should go out to the people that were (and still are) involved in the Free Cisco Lab Project.

Closing, as Nske said, the contribution idea has been discussed in the past. Our view is that IF we decided to accept our community's contributions, it will be AFTER the successful completion of our Cisco Labs and not before. For now, we stand free from the contribution box, but it might be introduced to help us firstly cover the labs running costs and also allow us to invest in future equipment for your Free use.

Cheers everyone!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
17 years 7 months ago #16803 by Smurf
Well said, if any funds are required then i'm sure the contribute button will raise it. At the end of the day, this resource is excellent and i am glad that i have the opportunity to be a member and on occassion pass on my knowledge.

As Chris said, Congrats to everyone who is involved in the Labs, the site and finally everyone who takes the time to answer peoples questions.

Keep up the good work and you can count on my 100% support for the future.

Regards

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 7 months ago #16830 by Chris

....... and you can count on my 100% support for the future.

We're sure we have it and proud to have such members in our community!

Thank you!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
17 years 6 months ago #17473 by Rockape
A Scam!!!

Well that just about takes the biscuit :?

My faith in the goodness of people has been shaken to the core. Not only, have I signed up for free, I've been allowed to test and give imput on a Free training system that is being developed, and will help me improve my technical skills. I've made friends all over the world. And, to make matters worse, on his last trip to the United Kingdom, Chris even gave the bishop and me some free Olives in his Grandmothers secret receipe Olive Oil :!: The nerve of some people really :!:

Well that's it, I have only one more thing to say in answer to this Scam !!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS :D :D :D :D
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds