Skip to main content

site loading time

More
18 years 1 month ago #13572 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic site problems again
hi chris, the loading time of the site has spiked again, now ranging from 10 to 15 seconds and sometimes even worse. i guess the web attacks are happening once again. maybe you could check.
and yes about the menus that you were talking about, i came up with something. i do agree that as days go by, the size of the menu will keep on growing as well. and so will be its loading time. so why not have a seperate web page relegated to each of those menu options e.g networking on a seperate page, Linux/Unix on another page, Articles....and so on. hence the main home page only has one link to each of them and each subsequent page can have the rest of the menu options. you do agree that somone who is not looking at the menu options, and is only surfing through the forum pages, is being held back by the menu loading time. by having a dedicated page on each of the menus that are there now, you can reduce the loading time dramatically. someone who needs to check the articles pages or networking or any of the other 6 main manu options, can easily click on them and be directed to the specific page which now has all the submenu option from that specific menu.
its a suggestion, and even though i know i am not a moderator or a founder member of firewall.cx, i was only saying this in the interest of the popularity of the site, and how we can improve its performance. you are the "guvnor" (as they say here in britain), and you decide what is best for it. i am only a humble member :oops: and will only look forward to your lead.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds