Skip to main content

site loading time

More
18 years 1 month ago #13440 by Arani
site loading time was created by Arani
recently the firewall.cx site is taking too much time to load up. i have tried it from several different places, using different ISP's. and its still the same issue. normally it would take about a second or two to load up with all the features. but now it takes nearly 5-10 seconds to load up!!!
am i am only one to face this problem, or is there really something going on??

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 1 month ago #13441 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: site loading time
I too have been getting up to 8 seconed page loads, I just thought it was me due to the fact I have many things happening in my network.

Best Regards,

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
18 years 1 month ago #13443 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic checking stats
i have checked this several times now, and every time it seems to point out to these two issues:

1. two of the menus - coolmenus4.js, and menu.js - the java scripts seem to take ages to get downloaded, a full 4 seconds on each time i checked the timings.

2. a few of the images are being downloaded from nyuu.jucaushii.ro, a site in romania. the ping response is not very good on this site at this moment, ranging from a 25 to 50% loss of packets. and RTT is not impressive

i checked these stats on 3D TracePro, and the responses times on Ethereal.

More
18 years 1 month ago #13445 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: site loading time
I have also experienced sluggish response times recently as well.
More
18 years 1 month ago #13470 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic improvement
site loading time had improved within the next 24 hours. and i noticed the stats i had taken for those issues have improved as well.
well, as long as it lasts, i am going to enjoy the speed of the downloads, as well as the seamless transitions between pages.

More
18 years 1 month ago #13514 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: site loading time
Last week the site experienced web attacks from hosts originating from a university in Singapore.

This resulted in sluggish page generation times and packet loss, even though we have a 20Mbps line to the Internet backbone.

In order to compensate, we had to manually filter the attacking hosts. At the same time, we've seen an increased amount of attempts to obtain access to the site's administration panel, all of which have failed due to the security modules in place.

We regret for this inconvenience, but its really out of our hand. All we can do is block these attacks (which results in high ping time responses and page generation times) and report them to the administrators of the attacking network.

Lastly, the files Arani mentioned are part of the java script menu, which we can't do much about since we need the menu loading at all times. Logically, the size of the menu will continue to increase as we continue to add more material and articles :)

Let's just hope everyone gets ADSL/Broadband in a few years, otherwise we will have a lot of problems :)

Cheers,

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds