Skip to main content

CCNA Re-Examination dilema - Does it worth the effort?

More
17 years 10 months ago #15349 by The_Berzerker
You are welcome mate....
About the solution that your friends have proposed here is my personal opinion,
If you are not satisfied from your career decision (software engineer) then try to change it. After all you must like what you do for a living. It will be difficult to start in the networking field since you don't have the experience but it is worth a try... And being Greek, it is my opinion that Greece still needs good network engineers (plus Cisco certified ones) but it will be difficult to find a new job in the field.
Hope I've helped
Cheers
More
17 years 10 months ago #15363 by sahirh
Honestly think about whether it applies to your job anymore. If not, step up to a higher certification as the other guys mentioned.

Personally, I'm not retaking my test when it comes up in November since it has absolutely no bearing on what I do these days.

If you're just looking to keep one more cert on your resume, then re-do it, but honestly after 4 years of networking you should be thinking about having something more specialized in hand as the cert will carry far less weight than your real world experience and any competent interviewer will see that.

Not to mention it's sad that the cert is being diluted by the number of #$@*#$@ who scam their way through it. Ridiculous.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds